Valued Contributor

I have cussed them out since they first came out -- I hate them.  Hate getting the soup out; hate trying to wash them out without cutting myself.  I loathe them!

I realize I'm a little slow sometimes, but never did it occur to me I could use my regular can opener to open the can like in the good old days!!  I feel so brilliant yet stupid for not trying it before now!!  Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Pop top cans really bother you? Really?

Valued Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Pop top cans really bother you? Really?

Uh huh!  Really!  Truly!

Esteemed Contributor

Ok.

Esteemed Contributor

I have liked them since they first came out, and am sorry your experience has been different. Although I own several Kuhn Rikon can openers sold here at the Q and love them, I still like the convenience of not having to hunt for one whenever I need to open a can, and wish all cans were pop top.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

I love pop top cans, and wish all cans had them! Different strokes for different folks is what makes the world a more interesting place.

Honored Contributor

Oh TRY to open the Healthy Choice pop top cans in the work size!  Those buggers will test your religion for sure.  They're big and hard as the dickens to open!!!

See the source image

Super Contributor

I don't like these cans either.  No matter how careful I try to be, I spill some of the soup trying to open the can.  Sometimes the tab breaks off before the can opens.  Thanks for the idea of using a traditional can opener.

Respected Contributor

I only buy soup with pop tops...easy, neat & no can opener.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy canned soup, but they are making pop top cans for many of the canned goods these days. I have a great electric can opener so I prefer the regular cans. The pop top can be difficult to open sometime and make a mess.