Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 NickNack said:
On 1/27/2015 Scotnovel said:
On 1/27/2015 duclane said:

http://www.artisanimports.com/?sarus=bingAds You can find the same brand of the pottery sold on Qvc or Amazon has some pieces of the same.

That's not the same brand, unless it's somewhere on that site that I'm not seeing it. Ceramica Artystyczna is the brand that QVC sold. You can find it on www.polishstoneware.com. That's Gloria's website, and she is who used to bring it to QVC.

Unless I am doing something wrong, www.polishstonewear.com does not take to you to their website. When I pulled that up, I got a listing of a bunch of different sites including Oneida.

Scotnovel, I apologize. Froggy corrected me later. It's www.polishstoneware.com. I knew how to spell it--don't know why I spelled it incorrectly.

Hi Carol! How are you doing? Still collecting? I have slowed down quite a bit although I bought several pieces last year - I needed some more loaf pans. And I'm always looking for new shapes.

Honored Contributor

OK, Polish Stoneware Fans, can you really bake in this stuff, or is it just for looks?

Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 depglass said:

OK, Polish Stoneware Fans, can you really bake in this stuff, or is it just for looks?

Are you kidding! I bake casseroles, meats, breads, pies. I would never pay that much just for looks. I have a cupboard full of baking dishes, also dinnerware. Oven, freezer, dishwasher. Durable and beautiful! And easy to clean.

Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 froggy said:
On 1/27/2015 Scotnovel said:
On 1/27/2015 duclane said:

http://www.artisanimports.com/?sarus=bingAds You can find the same brand of the pottery sold on Qvc or Amazon has some pieces of the same.

That's not the same brand, unless it's somewhere on that site that I'm not seeing it. Ceramica Artystyczna is the brand that QVC sold. You can find it on www.polishstoneware.com. That's Gloria's website, and she is who used to bring it to QVC.

Unless I am doing something wrong, www.polishstonewear.com does not take to you to their website. When I pulled that up, I got a listing of a bunch of different sites including Oneida.

Scotnovel, I apologize. Froggy corrected me later. It's www.polishstoneware.com. I knew how to spell it--don't know why I spelled it incorrectly.

Hi Carol! How are you doing? Still collecting? I have slowed down quite a bit although I bought several pieces last year - I needed some more loaf pans. And I'm always looking for new shapes.

I'm not collecting anymore, but I still love it. I've got all I need. I use my baking pieces all the time. Anytime I bring one somewhere I get compliments on it. I miss seeing it on QVC.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 depglass said:

Absolutely you can bake in it. It's wonderful for baking and extremely easy to clean.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I happened to see that they were doing a presentation this morning, too. Good for them and for the many people who liked the product.

Honored Contributor

The Polish Stoneware on Shop is beautiful, I may order a few smaller pieces. It appears from the presentations they are actually hand-painted, and - even better - they aren't known to break.

Honored Contributor

I bought the 32 oz. tea pot today, from what I could see the quality of this Polish stoneware is comparable to the stoneware the Q offered. Temptations is junk compared to Polish stoneware, I can't believe people still buy it.

Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 ValuSkr said:

The Polish Stoneware on Shop is beautiful, I may order a few smaller pieces. It appears from the presentations they are actually hand-painted, and - even better - they aren't known to break.

They're painted with sponges. It's really very intricate and takes a lot of skill. Gloria used to bring a video showing the artists at the CA factory doing the painting.

-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

I'm pretty sure the stoneware being sold on SHOPHQ is legitimate. There has been some rip-off sites trying to sell items as Polish Stoneware. The company always puts a code on the bottom of the stoneware to show that it came from Poland and the artist always sign the pottery.