Super Contributor

Re: Polish Stoneware Ex Pats, String 2

Hi everyone! It's so nice to see new PS lovers here and old friends, too!

Hopi--yes we have a real magnolia tree! Just like 'A tree grows in Brooklyn', a magnolia tree grows in New Jersey! I'll think of you when it starts blooming with those big, white fragrant flowers!

Shawnie--you're a better, more disciplined woman than I am! I'm weak--weak, I tell ya! I'd better join your recovery program pronto, because I've made Gloria very happy, just like Susan!

Susan--I'm so glad for you that you were able to have your broken piece replaced! Isn't that just the worst feeling?! I've broken two pieces, and while I was able to glue them back together flawlessly, because they were clean breaks, I can't use the baker in the oven, of course. It's now the fanciest foil, plastic wrap and wax paper holder imaginable!

Happy Spring! It's here!! Now I hope Mother Nature gets the memo!

New Contributor

Had a weak moment and purchased the large octagonal covered casserole in U3639! I believe Shawnie purchased a large one like it in U2200? How did you use it? I have seen it posted as a memory box and think you posted a picture on your dresser Shawnie? Maybe as a jewelry box? Obviously it is large enough to use as a small roaster (it is deep enough) or as a casserole. Hope I won't regret my decision. Should probably have thought about a use first but not sure. It is a new shape for me and do love the Pansies! I am staying off the site for a long time as the made me do it!

Hope a little activity will keep this thread in sight a little longer. It seems Fiestaware keeps going and going and QVC doesn't sell that. Guess it is the amt. of activity.

Snow here this am and late last night with more to come! March is going out like a lion!

Respected Contributor

Happy Spring and Easter everyone! Can't get to Zanger this am. Anyone know why?
New Contributor

Hope everyone is enjoying Spring and had a Happy Easter! I am so enjoying seeing green and things peeking up through the ground. Have had rain and with sun the landscape will be beautiful and oh so welcome! Imagine many tables were displaying beautiful PS by those who collect and love it.

New Contributor

I just did a search on qvc for polish stoneware and it said ""0 results for polish stoneware. Check back in July!"" Anybody else heard anything about this?

Super Contributor

Its obvious Temptations was copied from Polish Stoneware. But there is a huge difference in things made in Poland and things made in China !

New Contributor

Lidia's Polish Pottery now on qvc.

Occasional Contributor

On 7/30/2014 La-kid said:

Lidia's Polish Pottery now on qvc.

Thanks for posting this La-kid. It is not pottery from Ceramika Artystyczna. It's interesting to read the answers to the questions people have posted about those items. (K40539, H202555, and H202544) Reading your post from May, I guess Lidia's Polish Pottery was coming out in July.

Hey, Gloria's site has gone through a few changes recently. It now asks you if you're really sure you want to empty your cart. I had an item in cart last night, but my son showed up, so I got off the computer. Today the item was sold out, and I was a little disappointed, then found out it was still in my cart. I had even shut the computer off. Now I have to decide if I really want it. I'm trying to tell myself that I need to go on a PS diet.

Karen Smile

Occasional Contributor

Hey PS lovers.  There was an article in the Suffield Observer in Sept 2016 stating that Gloria is retiring and closing Zanger on 12-23-16.  I am very saddened by this.  I had noticed the stock was dwindling, especially CF and DS items.

Whaaaaa!

Miss talking to you all!

Karen