Honored Contributor

Re: Plop a fried egg on it, why don't ya?

@millieshops wrote:

New restaurant opened near me, so we all went to brunch Saturday.  One woman ordered the breakfast pizza.  Perfect pizza crust topped with a bit of tomato sauce, lots of wonderful fresh mozzarella and in the center of it all 3 or 4 sunny side up eggs baked right into the concoction.  Had we known, it would have easily fed 4 of us - and it was gorgeous to look at and even better to eat.

I've loved soft-boiled egg on toast for years, so I think this is definitely a food fad I can embrace.  I'll be trying it in my own kitchen.

shoekitty said

Yum, this sounds fabulous to me.  Tomato and sunny side eggs are born to be with one another IMO!  Add a little sliced tomato, a few asparagus to this pizza , and I would be in heaven.  I have been wanting to taste this since I saw it on DDD.  To me it REALLY looks good.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Plop a fried egg on it, why don't ya?

Though I've only read a few posts, I'll throw in the fact that placing a cooked egg on an entree is not uncommon in Europe.  In Germany it's called "mit ei," or "with egg."  One can order just about any dish and then tell the waiter, "Mit ei, bitte."