Respected Contributor

Re: Please tell me what you all fix in your air fryers

@Tyak wrote:

Can you put a plain piece of fish, a plain chicken breast etc. or do things have to be breaded.  How about potatoes or a pre-cooked frozen pattie of some kind?  It seems that I can already fix most everything in my Breville toaster oven that I could put in an air fryer so I keep wondering how much I'd use it.  If I have to bread things, up go the calories and I sure don't need that.  Please just tell me what you put in there.

TIA.

@Tyak  I find that the best thing to cook in the airfryer are the frozen pre-breaded items. The airfryer makes the items crispier than toaster oven or regular oven.  I make chicken nuggets, taquitos, french fries, tator tots (all from frozen), and they come out very crispy. It is also great for heating up leftover fried food or pizza from the restaurants.  

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Mine has been collecting dust in the basement for a year.  Looking for somebody to give it to.  I don't live on french fries - afraid to eat fried foods often - too big on counter - hate working out of that little trap door.  Loving my KitchenAid countertop oven - convection - bake - broil - toaster - does everything.

@fthunt  I am sure if you put it on Craigslist or Social Media, someone will snatch it up right away.  

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I am gluten free so don't do breaded food at all.

i have used mine to cook chicken breasts, legs and wings.  It cooks chicken fast and it comes out tasty.

I've made homemade hand cut French fries, small red potatoes, pork chops, meatballs, grilled sandwiches of all types for my DH.  I make small pizzas for my grandkids.  Hamburgers and cheeseburgers come out great.

i make hard boiled eggs in mine often.  They come out perfect with pretty yellow yolks.

let me see...egg rolls and corn dogs are the best cooked in there according to my Grandson.

I too have a Brevelle oven that I love.  I use both appliance for different food items.

i could honestly live without the air fryer, but it is convenient, especially when it is super hot in the summertime.  No preheating the air fryer either.

@Carmie  I've never made hard boiled eggs before in my air fryer. I didn't even know you can do that. I'll have to try it.

Valued Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I am gluten free so don't do breaded food at all.

i have used mine to cook chicken breasts, legs and wings.  It cooks chicken fast and it comes out tasty.

I've made homemade hand cut French fries, small red potatoes, pork chops, meatballs, grilled sandwiches of all types for my DH.  I make small pizzas for my grandkids.  Hamburgers and cheeseburgers come out great.

i make hard boiled eggs in mine often.  They come out perfect with pretty yellow yolks.

let me see...egg rolls and corn dogs are the best cooked in there according to my Grandson.

I too have a Brevelle oven that I love.  I use both appliance for different food items.

i could honestly live without the air fryer, but it is convenient, especially when it is super hot in the summertime.  No preheating the air fryer either.

@Carmie  I've never made hard boiled eggs before in my air fryer. I didn't even know you can do that. I'll have to try it.

Me neither!  but HOW did you do the hard boiled eggs @Carmie?

I just made corn on the cob in mine and it was wonderful!!  golden browned like grilled and still the kernels were juicy and popping when biting into them!!  Spritzed with a little oil before air frying.

Honored Contributor

@In-x-s  I'll have to try corn on the cob in mine...never tried that yet.

The eggs are easy to make.  Place eggs in basket and set timer for 16-18 minutes and cook at 250 degrees.  I use large eggs cold from the fridge. Easy peasey.

Valued Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@In-x-s  I'll have to try corn on the cob in mine...never tried that yet.

The eggs are easy to make.  Place eggs in basket and set timer for 16-18 minutes and cook at 250 degrees.  I use large eggs cold from the fridge. Easy peasey.

Thanks @Carmie never would have even thought to try that! 

Honored Contributor

I cook everything and anything that doesn't have a wet batter.  Between the grated insert, and the included closed pan, I use my air fryer every single day.  The re-heating is also excellent; I cannot remember when I used my microwave.

burgers, chicken wings, coated "fried" fish, salmon, shrimp, hotdogs, sausage, bacon, french fries, toast (including toasted bagels), vegetables, onion rings, chicken kabobs, reheated anything.

I do not bake, so I haven't tried baking in the airfryer.  Just not my thing.

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Mine has been collecting dust in the basement for a year.  Looking for somebody to give it to.  I don't live on french fries - afraid to eat fried foods often - too big on counter - hate working out of that little trap door.  Loving my KitchenAid countertop oven - convection - bake - broil - toaster - does everything.

Why not try turnip, carrot or Daikon fries, amazing !!!

Contributor

Anything you can cook in your oven you can cook in the air fryer.  I make my whole breakfast in the air fryer.  First put in two strips of thick cut bacon (about 12 minutes), then add two eggs in a oven proof glass container (add at 10 minutes -soft center eggs), the in the last four minutes add my toast.  The air fryer makes wonderful unbreaded pork chops, and great chicken wings.  

Honored Contributor

Makes great bone in, skin on chicken (nice and crispy) and also pork chops.  Does great with all veggies (the best corn on the cob) and is great at reheating just about anything (including a cinnamon roll and don't ask me how I know that).  Smiley Happy