Honored Contributor

Re: Please tell me what you all fix in your air fryers

@Carmie  No water used at all?  Sounds good and easy (re: the eggs)

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Mine has been collecting dust in the basement for a year.  Looking for somebody to give it to.  I don't live on french fries - afraid to eat fried foods often - too big on counter - hate working out of that little trap door.  Loving my KitchenAid countertop oven - convection - bake - broil - toaster - does everything.

Yeah, I'll never get this fad.    Anything you cook in one of these things you can cook any number of ways, using normal kitchen equipment that most people already have.

I have a countertop convection oven and it's great for so many things, including every single thing people use these for.

That said, each of us can spend our money any way we want.  But the redundancy to this is what doesn't make sense to me.   They look like they take up a lot of space, for what they are.   I always wonder why they (the ones I've seen anyway) are round instead of square or rectangular.  

I think too much.  Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Makes great bone in, skin on chicken (nice and crispy) and also pork chops.  Does great with all veggies (the best corn on the cob) and is great at reheating just about anything (including a cinnamon roll and don't ask me how I know that).  Smiley Happy

@momtochloeYES!  Love chicken done in the air fryer - everything from just legs or wings to a whole chicken. 

I also have a convection countertop oven and while I CAN make everything I make in the air fryer in that  and use to before I got my air fryer, it just doesn't turn out as crisp on the outside and moist and tender on the inside as it does when I do it in the air fryer and it also takes less time. 

Honored Contributor

I keep wondering about these air fryers,  it is just myself, but i wonder if it would be a thing to use in the winter,when one can not grill out ,i realize there would be no  grilling taste,but still thinking.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I do thank you for all your replies.  It's really helped me to realize that it's an appliance I can do without.  My instant pot is taking up space in a closet and it doesn't need an air fryer to keep it company in there.

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

I do thank you for all your replies.  It's really helped me to realize that it's an appliance I can do without.  My instant pot is taking up space in a closet and it doesn't need an air fryer to keep it company in there.

@Tyak  We use our instant pot all the time.  It is great and I'd hate to be without it.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

@Tyak  We use our instant pot all the time.  It is great and I'd hate to be without it.

I'm going to try again when the weather cools down (109* here today) and I'm in the mood for soup.  I really want to like the darn IP but so far, not real happy with it. 

Respected Contributor

we just got a couple weeks ago the paula dean 8.5 air fryer. and we dought the blue jean chefs cookbook for air fryers.its full of great recipes and tips on cooking meat and other stuff. yestauday she made bananas forster bread pudding in ramakins in our air fryer. it was really good and cooked well in the af. shes done brownies, cinnaminn buns, chicken ,toast. she likes toast better in the af than in toaster. she put toaster away.frozen pizza, frozen appitizers stuffed mushrooms and much more. good luck tyak.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Mine has been collecting dust in the basement for a year.  Looking for somebody to give it to.  I don't live on french fries - afraid to eat fried foods often - too big on counter - hate working out of that little trap door.  Loving my KitchenAid countertop oven - convection - bake - broil - toaster - does everything.

And I thought I was the only one that's not Air Fry fan.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use my Philips airfryer almost every day.  Occasionally I make French fries, certainly don't live on them, I used it mostly for seafood.  Next I'm going to try tossing in some prime steak pieces just because I don't feel like bothering with making shishkabobs and am curious how they'll turn out.  Beef is the one food I have not tried to airfry at all.  Chicken turns out perfectly, wings or legs, haven't tried a whole chicken but mine is a smaller model that suits 2 people.

My daughter bought a Breville counter top oven with air but has yet to try that method.  She did say it baked a spaghetti squash perfectly, better than the regular oven did.  If my airfryer ever dies, I will probably buy that Breville so it can do more than one function.