Trusted Contributor

Re: Please recommend a small counter top oven.

I have a Breville Smart Oven and I use it everyday. It’s just the two of us as well, but it is so versatile. It fits a 12 inch pizza. I hardly use my regular oven. 

Honored Contributor

@Sueliz wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

Greetings friends ! 

I am in the market for a small counter top oven...something to cook just one or two baking potatoes in....not overly big because there are just 2 of us now.  Thanks in advance.

@sarahpanda, I cook just for myself and have the Breville Smart Oven Air countertop convection that I love.  I purchased directly from their website, they have a few models to choose from.  Highly recommend, good luck.

I got my Breville oven about 3 years ago and haven't used my big oven since.  I cook for just myself and it's perfect for my needs.  Holds a 9 X 13 pan so I can cook anything that fits into this pan, including a cake.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I use a Breville Mini Smart Oven.  I think it is the smallest one they make.  It has been a great addition to my kitchen without using a lot of counter space.  I use it all the time easy to use.

Respected Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

I have a Breville Smart Oven and I use it everyday. It’s just the two of us as well, but it is so versatile. It fits a 12 inch pizza. I hardly use my regular oven. 

@grandma petes, does the inside of the Breville Smart Oven have a non-stick coating?

When I was looking at countertop ovens I had a difficult time finding one that was without a non-stick coating.   I finally found an Oster that  did not have any coating at all.

I have a bird and cannot use anything that is non-stick.   Non-stick coating can give off fumes that are very toxic to birds.    It can cause pet birds to die quickly.

My Oster is going strong but I'm always looking for a replacement if needed.

Respected Contributor

@software  Another vote for Kitchenaid Countertop Oven - my oven in big stove went out so I ordered the Kitchenaid from Q - same model as yours and I couldn't be happier.

Have not bothered getting stove repaired use this countertop one all the time - love it cooks great very happy with this purchase.

Respected Contributor

Huge Breville fan here..Mine is almost 9 years old and going strong..I use it more than my regular oven and it easily holds a 9x13..It bakes with convection so it is wonderful for that too...

Honored Contributor

@viva923@I like the idea of these smaller ovens but you said you have three...where do you store them?I can’t find room in my cabinets for something that big.

Respected Contributor

We purchased the Oster countertop oven and absolutely love it....I use it almost every day.

Trusted Contributor

Breville.  Available at Bed, Bath & Beyond and you can use the 20% off coupons they distribute; you can also get a coupon on-line.  Great price.  We've had ours for a couple of years; one of our best purchases for the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Whatnow, 

answer to your question is

I have 2 of the 3 ovens out.

I keep my Breville on top of my large stove-oven. When I had my kitchen remodeled, i didn't turn the gas back on to the stove-oven since I have not used my large oven-stove  for some 20-25 years. I have had a small counter top oven on top of that stove for years. Not always a Breville. Some of the ovens have worked great till they died ,some where real disappointsment and were returned asap to store.  I use my 3 induction cooking plates for any pan cooking i need to do.

Just 2 people living in the house,dh and I we don't do alot of cooking. We use slow cookers the majority of time.

I keep my Cuisinart steam oven on my roll around dishwasher. My house is older and did not have a dishwasher installed, had room for a roll around dishwasher. I keep my small steam oven on the dishwasher and still am able to roll the dishwasher to the kitchen sink when I need to wash dishes weekly.

for just 2 people and little cooking that we do, running dishwasher once a week is all that needs to be done. I do wash many dishes by hand, just quicker most of the time.

The Oster counter top oven right now is in shed since I have begun using my Breville and Cuisinart steam oven 99.9% of the time when I need to bake - steam anything.