Respected Contributor

Please recommend a small counter top oven.

Greetings friends ! 

I am in the market for a small counter top oven...something to cook just one or two baking potatoes in....not overly big because there are just 2 of us now.  Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please recommend a small counter top oven.

[ Edited ]

I have had many many of these ovens over the years. The 3 I have now I swear by them. I no longer use my full size oven. just for dh and myself this is all I need.

My Oster regular counter top oven. It does do regular baking,convection baking. It usually runs about $99.00 at Walmart.

My Cusiniart steam oven. I use this oven 99.9% of the time.

It bakes, steams,super steams, bakes-steam bakes together (this I use most of the time-cuts baking pretty much in half). I purchased this 3 yrs ago and will not ever get rid of this oven. Love it. I usually runs about $300.00.  Small capacity oven only fits a 9x9 pan Well worth the money. Bakes 1 russett potato at 250 degrees bake-steam for 1 and half hours and it is delicious. Done to perfection. 

The last oven I use is my Breville hot air fryer,roaster,slow cooker,baking,and several other functions. This is fabulous counter top oven. It fits 9x13 pan. This oven runs about  $400.00. 

I use my Breville for baking, roasting items because it fits my 9x13 pans.

For small items I use my bake-steam oven.

Hope you find an oven that will fill  your needs.

The most used oven is my

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda  I own the Cuisinart Toaster-Oven-Broiler -- TOB-40.  It was under $100 and I purchased at Macy's with my rewards from my charge card.  No problems with it at all and it is small.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

I have a cuisinart toaster-oven that I love. Interior is about 10x8”. Has a pullout tray for easy cleanup of crumbs. I use mostly for toasting so can’t vouch for heavy baking. Has two wire racks plus a baking pan. Cost under $100 on Amazon. 

Btw, I bake potatoes in the microwave. Wrap in damp paper towel, 5 min for 2 large ones. Come out so fluffy!  

Trusted Contributor

Oster makes several sizes of toaster ovens, all are offered at reasonable prices.  Some are not too large, and still offer convection cooking.  All of them have good reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

Breville - if the current models have digital read out and buttons to poke to change settings - I suggest you walk-on-by.  Mine sits in the basement - nice unit but the electronic system can (can) drive you whack-O.  I replaced with KitchenAid counter oven, which is probably larger than what you're looking for.  Manual dials and easy English system = my choice

Valued Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

Greetings friends ! 

I am in the market for a small counter top oven...something to cook just one or two baking potatoes in....not overly big because there are just 2 of us now.  Thanks in advance.

@sarahpanda, I cook just for myself and have the Breville Smart Oven Air countertop convection that I love.  I purchased directly from their website, they have a few models to choose from.  Highly recommend, good luck.

Valued Contributor

Another vote for the Breville countertop oven. I like it because I can make toast, roast, bake, or re-heat. I use it often instead of my oven. 

Honored Contributor

KitchenAid Countertop Oven

This is the one with the dials, not digital.

It's the perfect size, I use it almost every day.

My favorite feature is the timer dial.    

The oven turns off when the time is up.

I get busy or find I am in the bathroom when the time is up and I don't have to panic that I'm going to burn something.

Trusted Contributor

I'm another fan of Breville.  I have the Breville Smart Oven Pro, which does everything except air frying, which I never do because we seldom eat french fries and, when we do, I just oven bake them in the Breville.  This model is available here at QVC.  Wait for a day when you can get free shipping.  I also used EZ pays. Breville is available in some B&M stores, but know that discount coupons are not honored anywhere on Breville, so Q is a good place to purchase. This oven does not get super hot on the outside as many brands do.  I can touch the exterior for few seconds with bare hands when oven is heated.  Interior holds all size pans, even a 9 X 13, but will not hold a 9 X 13 with handles.  I rarely bake large casseroles these days as it is just us two old retirees living here.  The convection feature is excellent and so easy to use.  All the features are easy.....nice large clear dials, no push buttons.  Easy to see display.  Easy clean up.  Interior light.  Came with rack, baking pan, round pizza pan, one other pan.  It may be just what you're looking for.  Item K305265.  Read the positive reviews.