Trusted Contributor

Please have someone that can cook to present Le Creuset

I was watching Rachel present the TSV tonight during the last part of the show.   I was shocked seeing her put dry thyme leaves and twigs to garnish a finished dish!    What a way to choke your family or guest!   And then she served a soup and included ALL the thyme leaves and twigs in the bowl she would serve to her guest (victim).   Finally she put together a "stir fry" by added cups of sauce to the cooked vegetables and then added the cooked meat.    Was this a stir fry or soup?   

PLEASE, QVC, have someone who can cook present an item you actually cook things from scratch in.    The presentation should encourage and demonstrate how the item can be used in a variety of ways.    I realize you also have a vendor to do that.    Either use a host who can cook or ONLY use the vendor, a professional cook.    

Respected Contributor

Re: Please have someone that can cook to present Le Creuset

I understand what you are saying.  But, except for a description of the product I don't pay attention to the host.  They are just sales people.  As you said, they do have professionals to show how to cook with the product.

Frequent Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

I was watching Rachel present the TSV tonight during the last part of the show.   I was shocked seeing her put dry thyme leaves and twigs to garnish a finished dish!    What a way to choke your family or guest!   And then she served a soup and included ALL the thyme leaves and twigs in the bowl she would serve to her guest (victim).   Finally she put together a "stir fry" by added cups of sauce to the cooked vegetables and then added the cooked meat.    Was this a stir fry or soup?   

PLEASE, QVC, have someone who can cook present an item you actually cook things from scratch in.    The presentation should encourage and demonstrate how the item can be used in a variety of ways.    I realize you also have a vendor to do that.    Either use a host who can cook or ONLY use the vendor, a professional cook.    

I understand how you feel, but...

1. It's perfectly fine to garnish food with a sprig of rosemary - I've been served food that way in fine dining restaurants. Parsley is boring! Smiley Wink

2. The hosts are doing the best they can without the vendor chef being there to do it all the way they normally would in person. Garnishes are placed on the table and hosts are instructed during rehearsal before filming. 

3. Hosts, like many of us, have varying cooking skills. As home cooks, it's okay to see someone with your skill level using the cookware - it tells us not to be intimidated. To me, that's encouraging. A professional chef is zooming in to demonstrate - we can tell the difference. The host shows us the cleanup and that the item is easy to use.

4. These are salespeople on shifts doing their best. If you want to learn how to cook, watch a real chef on a food network, YouTube, PBS Great Chefs, or any number of other ways - including cookbooks! Smiley Happy They're selling cookware here, and many of the hosts have been thrust into a role they didn't sign up for - you can tell some of them are nervous about it. In fact, you can tell all of them get nervous at some point, cooking on live tv. I bet they could use our support and good vibes! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I generally like watching Rachel....but it's painful to watch her "cook"!!!

I don't think she is comfortable in the kitchen....but I like Le Creuset products and would buy no matter who presents them...

I think most cooks who use this type of cookware would know to remove the stems from the herbs used in cooking. I use the whole stem and leaves when I use herbs...a LOT of the flavor is in those stems...just give them a sniff next time you use them!!!

They probably should be tied with a piece of string and fished out whole after cooking and before serving, like the pros do ( like Ina Garten)....

I liked Rachel's sweater....she always looks colorful and happy and that's what I want to see today!!! I will forgive her for her clumsiness in the kitchen....I'd be clumsy at presenting some of the other things she does that I'm not really interested in....so it evens out!!!

She reminded me of my own sister who is an excellent baker but can not "cook" anything else!!!

QVC set preparers note:  Put some MORE trivets nears the stove so the host can set that pot down after cooking on the stovetop and before removing something from that wall oven before adding the one they just carried over. I noticed Rachel had some trouble finding places to set things....and that's something you don't want with gallons of hot food in hot cast iron!!!!

Respected Contributor

I wish QVC would be consistent and offer the Le Creuset Signature Series instead of reverting back to the Classic line ...and would clearly say in thier product description what it is they are selling.

The SIgnautre series has upgraded enamel and tighter fitting lids...it's newer in the line than the old Classic line.

The most important difference is the size of the loop handles, which are 40% bigger in the Signature line than in the older Classic line ( which according to QVC Q+A on the product page, this TSV item is the Classic line).

Still a good pot, and a good price.

I personally bought the OTHER French cookware, Staub, on HSN yesterday...the 4 quart cocotte for 149.95 and free shipping and five easy pays.EXCELLENT price and deal!!!

I LOVE to cook, and I collect both Staub and Le Creuset......That price on the Staub was a steal yesterday...so glad I looked. And I DO compare all the sites....including Ebay.

Anyway....colors are nice, and I hope all who bought the TSV enjoys cooking in it as much as I do. I use the LC and Staub exclusively now...no more articificial non stick surfaces. I also have All Clad tri-ply, but I REALLY like the enamelled cast iron now, and it's so PRETTY!!! I keep it out on the stove, and change pieces each week to rotate them.....

Respected Contributor

If you want this pot in the Signature line you can get it from Williams-Sonoma for the same price and free shipping also. Not as many colors though.

Honored Contributor

The sets are already set up before the presentation of the kitchen product. That is not done by Rachael or whoever is doing the presentation. She comes on the set when time to present and uses what is laid out for her as does any host. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think that David probably has the best cooking skills, with Mary Beth a close second.  When there is a tsv like this one, those two hosts cannot be expected to be on air for most of the day and night.  At this point, unless the vendor lives far from the qvc studio, it would probably be better for the vendor to be in the studio and present the product in a better way.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

David will sell out colors this afternoon as he always does...and of course he'll be wild over the product!!! ( Love watching him go nuts over LC!!!)

Thankfully we won't be heaing "LAH Croosay" from any longtime hosts today who surely know better by now...( I think it's on purpose...like most trolling....)

And no one mentions Nate!!! He's got ten pots going at once!!!!  I'd LOVE to be the LC vendor!!!!

Respected Contributor

Much Ado About Nothing

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky