Valued Contributor

Re: Please Help. Do I Need an AIR FRYER???

I use my air fryer at least twice a week . My grandsons really like french fries from it !  I solved the storage problem by placing a cabinet in my attached garage and storing the bigger cooking items there . The kitchen door goes right out to it and only 3 steps down . I used to store them down stairs , but that was too far away . This is really handy and out of the way , l even put some of my bigger pans and kettles in it ! 

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh 

My oven does not heat up my kitchen either, but my old one did.  I think that a lot depends on the insulation and the way that the door seals.  I use my kitchen in the summer all of the time.

Honored Contributor

@Solar Is My Name : I purchased one several years ago and didn't like it. My BF has one and raves about  the roasted vegetables, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes and sweet potato fries. Plus the difference in the chicken and fish.I watched a lot of different YouTube videos. Decided to try again. DH purchased air fryer for my birthday. I had planned to experiment with it last week but had a lot of unexpected house hold issues. The one purchased was an Amazon best seller that is compact in design with a square basket with five quarts size to serve 2 to 4 people. Purchased a large cutting board to protect my counter top. Also purchased the parchment paper liners for easier clean up, instant read thermometer, spray bottle for the avocado oil. Looking forward to trying a lot of vegetables, chicken and fish.

Respected Contributor

@Solar Is My Name    Probably not.  I got one a year or so ago.  I've used it one time.  It's just taking up space that I need for other things.

Trusted Contributor

You don't "NEED" most kitchen appliances except a refrigerator, sink and stove/oven.

I bought my airfryer when it was my husband and I.  I use it 4-5 nights out of 7.  I did when it was the 2 of us and I still do not that it is just me.  I cook chicken, Salmon, pork chops and vegetables in it.  It is far faster than using my stove and oven and keeps the house much cooler  than the oven.  I seldom use my oven unless I am baking bread or cookies and I don't do either in the summer.

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc Thanks so much for taking all that time to help me and give me info. I appreciate it!

-Solar Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Katnappin Love my Instant Pot for pressure cooking and steaming! (Not as a slow cooker, however.)

-Solar Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, you do. My brother and SIL gave me one that they purchased from Costco for Christmas. It's called a Gourmia. 

I think people are thinking that it's for frying items only which it is not. I have cooked fish, chicken,  steak, and vegetables in my air Fryer and it comes out perfect. Tonight, I will be having a piece of fish and a side salad for dinner. Easy Peasy with the air fryer. Easy cleanup as well. 

Of course you can use it for fried items, but there are a tons of more uses that some seem to be unaware of. 

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I don’t think the oven is less trouble than the air fryer. My air fryer cooks most foods in the time it takes my oven to heat up. It doesn’t heat the whole kitchen up either.

@RollTide2008 This morning we roasted 2 trays of veggies on 385 degrees in the oven.  It is 100 degrees outside and we worked in the kitchen with no notice of heat from oven.

We also sauteed okra in a non-stick pan, one swipe in the sink, air dry and it's back under the counter where it belongs. If we do a steak or salmon, I want to see them and how done they are getting. 

Just differences in how we all cook. 

Honored Contributor

I have never had any interest in getting one.