Honored Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman's next move.... I think it's unwise.

@maggi the cat wrote:

agree.  It's like the Fixer Upper people.  They talk about spending so much time with their family, but are now expanding into all kinds of retail projects bearing their name, etc.  I would think these people are making enough money and still have a life, but I guess it's a competition about who can get the most exposure.  Eventually, this usually results in a change in their life when they become "stars."

I don't watch The Pioneer woman or know much about her.  But I do watch the "Fixer Upper" shows and have wondered about Chip & Joanna.  They like to come across as down to earth people who spend lots of time with their family yet how could they?!!  I can't get over all of the projects that they are now into.

Honored Contributor

@NaughtyNan-MWC wrote:

Ree's Tops/blouses

I've scanned the internet for her tops, most of which are 'peasnt' tops.  Anyone have a clue where she buys hers?

@NaughtyNan-MWC. I think one of the places she buys from is Soft Surroundings.

Contributor

Appreciate that, proudly...will check it out

Honored Contributor

.  Perhaps she gets so many questions from viewers that she feels perhaps a magazine would be beneficial to those that follow the show....But with so many magazines going out of business or struggling to stay afloat that venture doesn't seem very wise............

https://qz.com/584744/books-and-newspapers-will-do-just-fine-in-2016-magazines-not-so-much/

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I find her and that whole family a bit creapy.  But I still prefer to see shows like that to the reality TV shows on the food network.

Valued Contributor

I think she looks strange.  Her face is unnaturally puffy.  I also think that she has stretched herself way too thin, though I suspect she has more hired help that most of us can imagine. 

Contributor

We went to the Mercantile and the lodge Thursday.  It was quite interesting to see where she films. The lodge is beautiful and has several very nice guest rooms and a beautiful view.  There were some other small houses around but I'm sure they were not where she lives. Since her family owns 422,000 acres, the lodge is likely far from where they live.  IMG_0450.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JMN73 wrote:

We went to the Mercantile and the lodge Thursday.  It was quite interesting to see where she films. The lodge is beautiful and has several very nice guest rooms and a beautiful view.  There were some other small houses around but I'm sure they were not where she lives. Since her family owns 422,000 acres, the lodge is likely far from where they live.  IMG_0450.JPG

@JMN73. Glad you got to go to the lodge. Must have been interesting. Was anyone there to show you around? 

I think I read that the home they live in is 5 miles or so from the lodge.

How was the mercantile? Did you eat there?