Honored Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman's next move.... I think it's unwise.

[ Edited ]

According to her FB page its only going to be 3 dates in June and its only at the Lodge, not the ranch or their home.  Nothing was said about a magazine.  I really like Ree and her shows and her recipes.  I am sure that she is smart enough to have plenty of help.  She is much more down to earth than most on the foodnetwork.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I like Ree but I think her popularity explosion is due to the fact that there is very little cooking on the Cooking Channel and Food Network these days.

I also think that the more enterprises these TV cooks/chefs get into, the less actual cooking they do.  Personally, I would love to turn on the CC or FN one day and actually see a cooking show.  Not interested in competitions, cupcakes, DDD, or beating Bobby Flay in anything.  And whose idea was it to do a kid competition show?!?!?  Ugh!!

Public TV on Saturday seems to be the only place you can actually learn something in the Culinary Arts these days.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner

Love Martha!  "Martha Bakes" is on at 10 AM on Saturdays on PBS where I live. 

Super Contributor

I have loved Ree's shows since the beginning.  While not everything she makes is my cup of tea, at least she cooks.  I am SO sick of the game shows and travel shows on the FOOD/COOKING channels, I hardly watch those stations anymore.  Whether or not the shows are scripted, I don't care. "The Pioneer Woman" is family-friendly, down-home, entertaining, and educational, in a landscape of what I consider mostly bologna.  I also watch PBS, which is very nice as well.  I love the Julia Child reruns, especially.

I'd buy Ree's magazine, totally.  For me, even with the Internet, I still love going through magazines, books, and newspapers. 

Super Contributor

I live in Bentonville, AR and she is opening a store here.  I heard that since she is getting so big in Wally they are requiring her to have an office here like any other vendor.  So she will have a store/office here.

New Contributor

Your a mean spirited person

Respected Contributor

@squirrely wrote:

Your a mean spirited person

Frequent Contributor

I agree...I love the cooking shows on all the PBS channels especially CreateTV.  I rarely watch Cooking Channel or Foodnetwork anymore primarily because as many have said it is all aboout Competitions these days, no real cooking demos.

Honored Contributor

As someone else stated; she has this and that project plus married into old money. So my question is: How much money do you need to be happy? Is she THAT bored? Whatever floats your boat but I often wonder about the "why".

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

As someone else stated; she has this and that project plus married into old money. So my question is: How much money do you need to be happy? Is she THAT bored? Whatever floats your boat but I often wonder about the "why".

She probably is an overachiever.  And with most brands, it is a matter of strike while the iron is hot,