Honored Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman's next move.... I think it's unwise.

[ Edited ]

She's popular because her competition is stupid game shows, dirty old Guy in the dirty diners, and little else for people who love cooking shows.

My favorites are Martha's shows on PBS.

Regular Contributor

I disagree as to me, most of her food looks easy & delicious! I don't think she is phony but her comments of course and her family's are all "scripted" so sometimes come across as kind of silly.

Regular Contributor

I guess I don't know what you mean by dirty old Guy & the dirty old diners?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Novemberbaby wrote:

I guess I don't know what you mean by dirty old Guy & the dirty old diners?

I don't know what that means,,,who's the dirty old guy in the dirty diners?

Honored Contributor

She has already opened the lodge to visitors a few months ago. Only for certain dates. Now I see she is opening it again for certain dates. It is not her families home. It is a tv studio/guest house.

I read a little while ago she is putting out a magazine. She has a huge following. People still have to stand in long lines just to get into her store.

I don't really care for her food for myself, but her many followers seem to love it. I found her blog years ago before the lodge was fixed up. It was interesting to follow her. She sure has come a long way. Yes, the Drummond family is very wealthy.

Honored Contributor

Interesting, I don't think I know much about her.  Is she the same one that sells "Pioneer" type kitchen stuff at WalMart?  If so, it flies off the shelf where I am (but I doubt it does down in San Diego).... popularity of "country" stuff (I believe) is regional in some regards.  I think it's cute but after the great Blue Goose Kitchens of the late 80's.... I don't do trends anymore.....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

I don't watch her shows but I like her web site and I loved listening to her autobiography  ~  Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - A Love Story by Ree Drummond.  Her life took a major u-turn when the handsome cowboy walked into her life.  She has lead a very interesting life.  Now that her kids are getting older branching out her business enterprise must be something she is looking forward to doing.  I wish her and her family the best of luck.  

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Honored Contributor

Lots of working ranches have a side business as a retreat or guest ranch. She's a college educated woman who comes from and married into a successful family, I seriously doubt that they haven't considered all the ramifications of this decision. I also doubt she gives a fig what random people on the internet think about it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Most of rural Oklahoma is far off the beaten track.  There are groupies, of course, but I doubt millions will be beating a path to her door.  I wonder why she's doing this?  You'd think she'd have a nice nest egg put away with all of her other endeavors.  Plus the ranch. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sooner

I agree with you. Pretty much the only food show I watch anymore is Martha Bakes.

@Q4u

I had one of those blue goose kitchens!  I so loved it at the time, now when I think back I say, "Yikes!"

~ house cat ~