Honored Contributor

Pioneer Woman's next move.... I think it's unwise.

She announced that she's going to be putting out a magazine, no big surprise. However, she's also going to open her ranch to visitors. I think that's a terrible idea.  I don't know how her family handles their lack of privacy as it is and this move seems over-the-top and unwise.

Here's the story. Let us know what you think.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman's next move.... I think it's unwise.

Doesn't she make enough? Maybe she wants to be the next Rachel Ray.

Honored Contributor

Launching a magazine is a huge enterprise, I wonder if a large publishing company is backing it, I would be interested in seeing the magazine and seeing who the advertisers are

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox

In some cases all the celebrity needs to do is put her name on it.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

She's not opening her house, but the lodge, which is pretty remote.  I don't see a problem at all--and it is only certain dates.  I was in that building when I was a kid, and it still is in the middle of nowhere.

That family is so wealthy there weren't counting their money in the 1960s.  They are one of the largest land-owing cattle ranchers in the US, have lots of oil interests, and bucks that go way back.  It isn't about the money. .  .The Drummonds are a powerful old-money family.  And I doubt seriously those kids actually "work" much.  

Honored Contributor

Even though I do watch her every day and have gotten a lot of good tips from watching, I wouldn't buy her magazine.  

She's just not my style of cooking - too much butter and too much sugar in all her recipes.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

I like her, but I do think she's stretching herself too thin and will eventually crash and burn just like all the others.  She already has a blog, t.v. show, cookbooks, a Walmart line, the mercantile store and a clothing line.  Maybe she'll be smarter than the others, but in any case, she'll never be poor.

I don't see the motivation for opening up her ranch in any shape or form. What good can come of it?  Also, her children are about to step out into the real world and I don't think all the t.v. exposure is a good idea.

I wonder how the tiny town is coping with her mercantile store being so popular. 

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I'm already tired of her.  Just more to ignore.

Honored Contributor

I never have understood her popularity. Her food isn't that appealing, and she seems phony.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I really like her. She seems down to earth and homey to me. I don't know if I would buy her magazine because I already have a few cookbooks but I would love to see the store and lodge. It says admission is free to the lodge.