Regular Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman's line at WM? Is it a hit?

Not impressed that her products are Made in China. Especially because her family are ranchers and their livelihood depends on American consumers of their beef. I know that to keep it inexpensive it had to be made of cheap ******, but I would gladly pay more for products made in the USA. 

Honored Contributor

@FleurFairy wrote:

Not impressed that her products are Made in China. Especially because her family are ranchers and their livelihood depends on American consumers of their beef. I know that to keep it inexpensive it had to be made of cheap ******, but I would gladly pay more for products made in the USA. 

I completely agree with this as before she created her line she had tons of Fiestaware shown on her shows.  I would be much more inclined to purchase her own line if she had partnered with them instead of China.

Respected Contributor

Our Walmart has several offerings and durng Christmas I did notice their inventory was down.  I purchased a medium size oval serving platter with beading around the edges.  It was an off white/cream color which matches my china nicely.  I was very pleased with the purchase.  I may buy others.  I'm not really into color for serving dishes or china.  I prefer creamy or off white.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not particularly impressed by the line at all. As another poster mentioned, it's made in China.

I'm a Fiesta girl. Made in the USA and it will last.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I NEVER buy anything at Walmart, but I gave in and got the Heritage Holiday platters and salad plates  - Better Homes and Gardens. I filled the platter (it was HUGE!) with cookies for my cousin and included a set of plates for her holiday entertaining.

I had to order them online and have them shipped to the store - they sold out in a day, the clerk told me - and I saw the PW stuff. I wasn't impressed.

I basically use Fiesta (along with a 30 year old set of Pottery Barn white dinnerware -( I lost only ONE cereal bowl in 30 years - that set was basic but high quality!)

Respected Contributor

My DIL said the cookware is really cheaply made.  Liked how it looked, but wouldn't consider it for actual use.