Honored Contributor

Pioneer Woman's line at WM? Is it a hit?

I finally had a chance to look through it and nothing impressed me.  

Does anyone know if it's selling well?

I'm just curious.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman's line at WM? Is it a hit?

They always have a ton of it on hand.   Doesn't seem to be selling like hotcakes.   I wouldn't have it.   Looks cheap. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think it's very pretty! Our Walmart is always out of the blue stoneware. The glass goblets seem to be popular too - they remind me of some my grandmother had. If I didn't already have my Fiesta ware, I would certainly consider buying this collection! And I'll bet a lot of women were happy to open up their PW packages during the holidays! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I didn't know she had a line at WM until I received pioneer woman's Charlie the Basset hound cookie jar as a Christmas gift. I love him ! He's so cute in my kitchen. DD said she checked multiple places that were sold out before she finally found one online. I was a Basset momma for many years and he reminds me of my beloved Bassett hound 😘

Trusted Contributor

I'm curious too. My Walmart only carries a small amount and some of what I've seen is cute. I don't like heavy stoneware type dishes for everyday though. I use Corelle for everyday even though it might not be the most elegant. My sister has Fiest for everyday and I love Fiesta, but again I like things lighter when I'm doing dishes. Lazy maybe. Anyway, I thought some of Pioneer Woman's stuff was very cute.

Honored Contributor

Awhile back I noticed some of her things at our Walmart and I really thought they were very pretty.  Not all appealed to me, but there were some pieces that were nice and looked kind of like reproduction of old things that I used to see years ago.  They seemed to be selling very well in our store.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

It appears to be selling well here.   I like the colored glass stuff, but haven't bought any.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.  I was looking forward to the collection, but it really doesn't suit my style.  I like her and I'm glad it's popular, though I question her choice to work with Walmart.

I have to say that I was looking through the offerings this week and the only thing that stopped me from purchasing the Charlie cookie jar was the fact that it was pushed way back on the top shelf and no one was around to grab it for me, lol.  In my younger days I would have "climbed" the shelves to grab it, but I had visions of the entire display crashing to the floor, so I walked away instead.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat like you say, it just isn't my style.. It seems to be selling well..but how would I really know, I suppose?

I think it's fine if that is your thing..If there were something I liked, certainly I would get it, like I tried the Rachael Ray oval bakers that I love...

They seem to be adding new items to the collection....I guess that's how I Assume it's doing OK....

Honored Contributor

I made a point to look at her collection in my local Wal-Mart, and very little was left on the shelf, making me believe it is popular with shoppers here.