Honored Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman's empire is growing bigger by the day.

I enjoy watching her show as I love the scenery and watching her kids grow up . . . as it's just me the majority of her recipes don't really apply to me but her show is so easy on the ears and eyes that I always look forward to watching.

I have to say I was rather disappointed that her dishes were made in China as I thought of any vendor she would try and keep her production in the USA.  I too have read the reviews that her quality can be lacking and that makes me sad as she is in a position to produce a quality product and not have to worry about the bottom line so to speak if that makes sense . . . I just wish she would have followed Fiestaware's example.

Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

Wish she would do a clothing line.  I am crazy for the pretty tops she wears, so colorful, and not tight, they are loose and comfortable to cook in.

I like her tops, too, but they are rather expensive for most of us to cook in.  

Honored Contributor

I'm sure that's already in the works - it doesn't seem she's missed anything so far.  I think she mentioned more than once that she is a fan of Soft Surroundings.  Maybe she'll team up  with a company like that (or QVC) and start her own line.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@tansy

I agree with you. So often I watch these shows and cringe because I know that I would have my top stained within two minutes of starting the recipe.  In fact, most of my tops are stained even though I wear an apron.  Another thing that makes me nuts is the hair - can't they look just as pretty with their hair pulled back? It grosses me out to think of a stray hair falling into the food.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@tansy

I agree with you. So often I watch these shows and cringe because I know that I would have my top stained within two minutes of starting the recipe.  In fact, most of my tops are stained even though I wear an apron.  Another thing that makes me nuts is the hair - can't they look just as pretty with their hair pulled back? It grosses me out to think of a stray hair falling into the food.

@house_cat -- being rather messy is why I mostly wear printed tops to camouflage the stains😜

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@HB glamma wrote:

Wish she would do a clothing line.  I am crazy for the pretty tops she wears, so colorful, and not tight, they are loose and comfortable to cook in.

I like her tops, too, but they are rather expensive for most of us to cook in.  

How does she manage to stand in front of a sizzling cast iron pan and not get splatters all over herself!

Esteemed Contributor

I loved the 'old' Pioneer woman and her shows....but the new comercialized one.......no...

Respected Contributor

I watch her cooking show more for ideas and techniques. When I was cooking her style found myself putting on weight so had to stop. She probably has a publisher and manager pushing her to get into more and more things. Will say the photography in her cookbooks are worth the purchase. I don't read her blog much anymore. Last I googled it, think her net worth was $8m.
Trusted Contributor

I recently purchased her covered cake stand.   It was defective.  The glass knob on the top wasn't straight.  I measured it, same both sides, however looked crooked.  I returned it to Walmart.  I will stick with Corelle and Fiesta!  

Honored Contributor

I don't blame her for making as much money as she can.

I admire her family oriented lifestyle but she's boring & so is her food.

@house_cat wrote:

Saw this news today.

She's launching a magazine.

Click here