Honored Contributor

Pioneer Woman's empire is growing bigger by the day.

Saw this news today.

She's launching a magazine.

Click here

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman's empire is growing bigger by the day.

Lots of luck to her.  I think I'm over her, after following the website for years, but do make a few of her recipes fairly often.

Honored Contributor

@tansy

I stopped watching about the time she started the Mercantile store and launched her own line.  At that point she and the show became  too commercial for my taste.  I do admire her and wish her luck and I will most likely give the magazine a try.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Oh my.  One day, thrift stores will be chock full of her dishes and kitchen ware and people will wonder "who in the world was 'pioneer woman?'"

Honored Contributor

I'm over her, and her cooking. She crams too many different flavors into her dishes, and she puts sugar in everything.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Wish she would do a clothing line.  I am crazy for the pretty tops she wears, so colorful, and not tight, they are loose and comfortable to cook in.

Honored Contributor

I watch her occasionally but she really isn't my favorite TV cook. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have a couple of her cookbooks and actually, just finished looking for a recipe. 

I like her, one of my favorites.  Will surely take a look at the new magazine. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see Pioneer Woman's defective items on clearance in many stores including Walmart, Target, and quite a few others.

I have also personally looked at the Pioneer Woman's defective items, and her items are clearly made in China and mass produced by underpaid unskilled workers who are not truly skilled in their specific manufacturing craft.

Many items had chips of missing enamel, many items  were missing the top cover enamel paint, and underneath you could clearly see the white cast iron mold, and others were badly and sloppily painted & manufactured, which is also why many of her items have also been returned back to companies from where they were purchased in person by Consumers, and also returned by return shipping manufacturer's enclosed prepaid return shipping labels.

After seeing all of that Pioneer Woman's cheap imported mass produced Chinese garbage I refuse to buy any of her items.

There is a lot of truth in the saying..... "You get what you paid for".........when it comes to Pioneer Woman, and her wares for sale because that is very true.

As far as her cookware, yes the colors are eye catching but the defects are too numerous from all the PW items now gracing various clearance tables of many different store fronts, Corporate return warehouses, and well known department store clearance sections as well.

The Pioneer Woman's title is deceiving since she is not living like a real Pioneer Woman, and she has become too commercialized for my taste.

Also her constant Pioneer Woman pasted on smile stays pasted on even when she speaks, and that gives me the willies! ( It is just not a normal warm welcoming smile).

Also bigger does not necessarily mean better, not by any means, especially when one can personally see and feel all the Chinese mass produced defects available for cheap low clearance prices at so many stores, company warehouses and outlets, which are not even worth buying for even one cent.

This is where the wise consumer says "this PW junk is no longer a bargain at any price", and also says "enough is enough of the cheap Chinese mass produced junk", and buys real quality items which  are known to last the test of time, and so are many items also offered for purchase with Manufacturer's Lifetime Warranties.

Like Le Creuset also skillfully produced and well manufactured by true crafts people, and of which are also available for public purchase in so many pastel brilliant color palettes. They are wonderful to cook with, and gorgeous to place on home display, and I love my entire various Le Creuset brilliant collections I was gifted, from the aged Le Creuset Collections which still appear unused and brand new, to the recently gifted latest color palettes I received, as well as those specialty items I inherited from a beloved relative, or friend, who are all sorely missed.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have bought a few items and they chip so easily they aren't worth the price. I started reading her blog, but at some point I felt like I was being played. I have never watched her show or bought her books. She is not some poor pioneer woman, her husband and family are very wealthy in their own right. 

I feel like she has set herself as another Paula Deen, but as we all know 15 minutes sooner or later runs out.