Trusted Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman Saturday April 11

@Sooner  My point is don't be so hard

Respected Contributor

She was making me a little nervous wearing that kimono with the drifty sleeves over her tank top near the open flame on the stove when she was cooking!

Honored Contributor

Her camera crew is from England as another poster said. They also are the crew for Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten. I doubt they would be coming here during this mess.

Honored Contributor

I thought it was cute, and the kids did a good job recording it.  I assume that the raw footage is then sent to an editor, who makes it look a lot more professional than it would be otherwise.

I've always wanted to see a behind the scenes glimpse of how they produce those shows, from start to finish.  I would think there is a sous chef who preps everything and someone to clean up, because she was definitely behind the game on preparaton yesterday.  

It always surprises me, though, that anyone would dress as if they are only to be seen from the waist up.  We have some news casters here in LA who are known for wearing a suit jacket and tie, with shorts and sneakers on the bottom. Is it really so hard to wear the whole suit?  Ree was wearing what I consider to be an inappropriate pair of very tight leggings and sneakers.  She commented that the camera wasn't supposed to show it, but would it really be that much trouble to put on a pair of pants?

I'm interested in making a simpler version of the mug cake, for my DH.  He has no apetite and his weight loss is worrisome.  Often in the evenings he'll ask if I have anything chocolate. I think he'd enjoy that, but I would mix it in a measuring cup and pour it into the mug - that mess with the paper towel is too sloppy for my taste.

I know I've been rambling here, but all in all, I did enjoy the casual format for a change.

~ house cat ~