Trusted Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman Saturday April 11

[ Edited ]

I thought it was making her relatable, Joanna Gaines, The Kitchen crew, journalist all at home

eta I liked the mug cake. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   was that on QVC or QVC 2?  I couldn't find the items recently aired.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

I believe they were talking about her show on Food Network.  Although, not sure.

I haven't had Q on for days..

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE and @homedecor1 - Yes, this thread is about the Pioneer Woman's show on the Food Network on Saturday morning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

Life is messy and no one is exempt.

@Chicagosuburbangirl I agree. That's why I watch tv because I don't want to see real life. I want to see someone dressed nicely demonstrating something in a concise manner that I might want to make.

Who wants to see real life on Saturday morning?  Woman Frustrated

Just because you are home doesn't mean you aren't at work.  You owe your audience to get up, get dressed and get it together. Being home doesn't mean you aren't earning a paycheck. 

Trusted Contributor

Ahh @Sooner  you should see me at my work, earning my paycheck.

Because I have to clean my desk and everything on it with the paper bleach water towels that my company supplies ( no paper products or cleaning supplies to be found in 25miles around me) my yard cleaning clothes are what I now wear to work.

Hair and makeup do not look top notch with a mask on my face all day either.

Who wants to see this on a Monday though Friday morning at 0530, my start time?

Times get hard, standards drop, but people are out there still trying their best for you.

Practice gratitude.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@SharkE and @homedecor1 - Yes, this thread is about the Pioneer Woman's show on the Food Network on Saturday morning.

Oh, Ok never watch TV cook shows. Usually thin people acting like they eat all the time. Not in Pioneer Woman's case, or Garth Brooks wife, but, most of them look like they eat a piece of bread a week.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

Ahh @Sooner  you should see me at my work, earning my paycheck.

Because I have to clean my desk and everything on it with the paper bleach water towels that my company supplies ( no paper products or cleaning supplies to be found in 25miles around me) my yard cleaning clothes are what I now wear to work.

Hair and makeup do not look top notch with a mask on my face all day either.

Who wants to see this on a Monday though Friday morning at 0530, my start time?

Times get hard, standards drop, but people are out there still trying their best for you.

Practice gratitude.

YOU aren't on tv are you?  I want to see people on air who are dressed and working and give ME hope that more of us will be out in public and dressed and going about our day.

Plus with the big bucks they made I think a little effort and professionalism is certainly in order.  Police have to put on a uniform and do their job; doctors and nurses, EMT's.  None of them are in sweats and so others lucky enough to do a job in the public eye should be respectful and greatful enough to step up. 

That's what I"m talking about.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Sooner   was that on QVC or QVC 2?  I couldn't find the items recently aired.

@SharkE Sorry I missed answering you!  It was on Food Network.

Honored Contributor

I watched a little of that show--not really a fan--but I thought is was kind of cute and refreshing that a cooking show actually addressed what is going on--so what if the girls looked that way , who cares--thought it was funny about making the mug cake---and bravo to them for filming woth their phones/ipads-----I think it is strange to be airing programs with a bunch of people in close quarters -----nice change!!!!