Trusted Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman Christmas Mug.

I also love Corelle. My dishes are Johnson Bros Blue Willow but I have added some white Corelle pieces the past few years...especially love the new meal bowls I bought last month. They are great for big salads or spaghetti. I also have four of the large white platters. They are good for all sorts of things, like pizza. Corelle can't be beat for durability. 

Honored Contributor

There have been numerous complaints about her ceramic line from the very beginning.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

Dansk!  Great taste!

Frequent Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

I see many posts about how members have had issues with the Temp-tations line of dishes and mugs.   I have had my Christmas mugs from that line for years and use them everyday during the Christmas season.  They still look brand new without even a scratch.

Around the 1st part of this December I saw a mug from The Pioneer Woman that I liked. It was a good size and had a cute pattern.  This was the first purchase that I had made from this line.  I didn't start using it until the week of Christmas.  I am very careful with my mugs and never put anything with a design in the dishwasher. 

This morning as I was handwashing it I noticed that it already has a small chip on the lip and another rather large chip along the base.  I was so disappointed and it really makes me question the durability of this line.  

Most of my everyday mugs are from at least 15 years ago and I always put them in the dishwasher.  I use them daily and not one of them has chipped or scratched.  Now I do have to say that they are not from the TT line but ones that I've picked up along the way because I liked the size or they had cute sayings on them.

At the time I purchased this PW mug I thought maybe I should buy a couple of them but they only had this one.  Now I'm so happy I didn't invest any money in this line. It looked so bad that I just threw it in the trash.

It's probably fine if you buy something that is just decorative but I won't buy anything that gets daily usage or even something that I use for only a few weeks at Christmas.

For as many negative things that I've seen about the TT line I have to say that the few items that I've purchased from them are still in good shape.  I don't think any of them have chipped or broken.

What's the mug made of?  Earthenware chips if you look at it.  We had some Spode Christmas dishes I loved, but sure enough, I looked at it.  It chipped.