Respected Contributor

Pioneer Woman Christmas Mug.

I see many posts about how members have had issues with the Temp-tations line of dishes and mugs.   I have had my Christmas mugs from that line for years and use them everyday during the Christmas season.  They still look brand new without even a scratch.

Around the 1st part of this December I saw a mug from The Pioneer Woman that I liked. It was a good size and had a cute pattern.  This was the first purchase that I had made from this line.  I didn't start using it until the week of Christmas.  I am very careful with my mugs and never put anything with a design in the dishwasher. 

This morning as I was handwashing it I noticed that it already has a small chip on the lip and another rather large chip along the base.  I was so disappointed and it really makes me question the durability of this line.  

Most of my everyday mugs are from at least 15 years ago and I always put them in the dishwasher.  I use them daily and not one of them has chipped or scratched.  Now I do have to say that they are not from the TT line but ones that I've picked up along the way because I liked the size or they had cute sayings on them.

At the time I purchased this PW mug I thought maybe I should buy a couple of them but they only had this one.  Now I'm so happy I didn't invest any money in this line. It looked so bad that I just threw it in the trash.

It's probably fine if you buy something that is just decorative but I won't buy anything that gets daily usage or even something that I use for only a few weeks at Christmas.

For as many negative things that I've seen about the TT line I have to say that the few items that I've purchased from them are still in good shape.  I don't think any of them have chipped or broken.

Super Contributor

Re: Pioneer Woman Christmas Mug.

I have collected TT (Old World cranberry) for many years.  I eat on it every day and often bake/serve in it. A grandson dropped a plate on cement, that is the only piece of dinnerware broken,.  I am very happy with the many pieces I own.  Fortunately, I've got all them I need or want.  

Valued Contributor

I've read many reviews on Pioneer Woman kitchen items being extremely poor quality. Magnolia is another brand many people complain about chipping after washing 1 time. I'm sorry you wasted your money. It's a bad feeling for sure. 

Respected Contributor

I have many brands of dishes/bakeware:  Fiesta, Rachael Ray, Temp-tations, Pioneer Woman, Lidia Bastianich, and many more!  Comparing TT and PW, I have had both chip.  What has never happened, though, is the PW (and I have a lot) has never crazed.  I have so many crazed pieces of TT that it's not funny.  It's happened to older pieces and to newer pieces.  Display pieces have crazed that have only sat on a shelf!  At least the price point of Pioneer Woman is inexpensive.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg ITA with you.  I have many brands of dishes too and I am one of those who had a TT bakeware piece crack in my oven.  In all  my years I've never, ever had that happen.

It was a disaster and confirmed for me that the line is junk.........I'm happy for those who have had good luck with theirs, I guess like many items on the Q it's the luck of the draw.

Super Contributor

Years ago, I started my temptation collection in the cobalt inky blue floral lace with a smooth brown trim .....The first thing I ordered was a 3-bowl set that has a wavy/ruffled trim and a couple of deep dish pie plates.  Both of these have a 'smooth brown trim' on them.....then they started changing from the 'smooth trim' to a 'rough white beaded trim' which will chip.  It seems like the beaded trim is not coated with anything.  I really prefer the smooth brown trim.  

Honored Contributor

I consider all of the Chinese-made dinner and bake ware to be disposable.  You get what you pay for.  It's cheaply made to make $$$ for whoever is selling it.  I've got Dansk dinner and serving pieces that I've used daily for 35 years and not one piece has a chip. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to have temptations dinnerware but it's heavy and chipped/crazed so got rid of it.  I replaced it with pure white Corelle in the square shape and love it.  It takes up about half the space and height in the cabinet and takes the wear and tear of everyday use, even accidentally dropping it on occasion.  

I did find the cups in the Corelle set to be too small for coffee as I prefer a large mug, so I purchase the Pioneer Woman's 18 ounce mugs and absolutely love them!  They're used daily and look as good as the day they were purchased which is more than 2 years ago.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Most of my mugs are between 10 and 25 years old. I bought them at local art fairs. They are hand thrown pottery. Can't beat the quality of local artists. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the bakeware from Lidia Bastianich. It is the tan with blue trim and I have a three piece set of rectangular pans. I use it whenever I bake and am so impressed with the quality. I was going to buy more pieces when they stopped carrying her line.