Esteemed Contributor

Pink Bowls - UPS handed off to Postal Service Again

Just about every QVC purchase.  Doesn't happen with any other order - it will now take 3 days = more if it's now sent to Ohio like most of them. 

Don't have a Q wish list - so after this -  not much biz from me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pink Bowls - UPS handed off to Postal Service Again

Most all of my Q and HSN purchases start out with UPS and get handed over to the post office.  I don't really mind because it only adds one more day for me.  And given that my UPS guy often doesn't deliver till almost 8PM, I much prefer the post office delivery.

Frequent Contributor

Fthunt, I totally agree with you. Most of my orders from QVC start out UPS then mail. And lately, like the last 6 months, have been in my town 3-4 days after hand off of UPS BUT seem to go around in circles for 3-4 MORE days. It’s really ridiculous.  Any ordering I do for Christmas will have to end in October to be assured of timely delivery especially if returns are needed.  Really makes me seriously think of ending any future orders  Sorry QVC you really need to get better at getting the products out to us consumers or you will lose a lot more business as time goes on. 

Esteemed Contributor

My previous purchase - a LUG cross body - perfect size to store my car's CD's.....was really strange.  The travel started in Buffalo ? from the south - went to Ohio via Postal Service - several days there - went back to Buffalo and got stuck.  Almost 2 weeks I called CS - said they would send out replacement - - never did get that one I think.....shortly thereafter one LUG showed up and had wide tape stamped.......INSPECTED BY HOMELAND SECURITY.  Inside the shipping bag it was obvious plastic covering had been cut open.  Now HS is inspecting QVC bags?   Found that interesting - no weed in there!

Honored Contributor

The UPS to USPS is annoying and less reliable for me as well.

I get happy when I read in the tracking info that my UPS service will be delivering instead - most often a day early.

This often happens when there is more than one package arriving at UPS at the same time.  I guess then it's worth their while.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

A few days for most things I order is not at all a problem for me as far as shipping.  If it gets here safely and clean, I'm happy if it's just a few days.

I'd rather have it USPS because I know what time it is coming within 45 min to an hour, the mail carrier brings it to the door and rings the bell so I know it's out there too. ALso, he doesn't just drop kick it to the door if we're not here.  

So I'm ok unless it's something I paid extra for quick shipping. 

Honored Contributor

I don't care who delivers it as long as I get it and I don't care if it takes 7 or 8 days.  However, I received my last three QVC purchases in less than a week.  I don't have a pressing need for anything I buy, so I can wait.  I do like it when Usps delivers because if I am not home, they take it back to the post office and I can pick it up on Saturday morning.  UPS takes it to the Access place and that is a nightmare because there are always so many people in line.    

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt 

This is the cheapest way to ship.  Unfortunately, the package leaves wherever via UPS, but it can bounce from one UPS warehouse to another to another to another, before it's handed off to the USPS in your city or town.

Best example of this was a purchase my husband made on eBay.  Same deal as QVC.  His package bounced around various UPS warehouses in various states for 2, yes 2, months before it was finally off-loaded to the main post office in our city.  It then had to be sorted and trucked to our local post office for delivery.  Absolutely ridiculous.

Called "SurePost."

Honored Contributor

Got mine today ! Very pretty.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt. What you describe is the standard procedure.  So what's the problem?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment