Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pink Bowls - UPS handed off to Postal Service Again

@Kachina624 So what's the problem?    You are such a lovely "sweet" lady.  Always ready with that fork.  Please just pass my postings by - had enough stabs.

Esteemed Contributor

My last 2 orders from Koh's started at FEDEX and then were delivered by USPS....

only my Amazon purchases don't take the scenic route...LOL

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma. The majority of my Amazon purchases, even big, heavy bags of dog food, are delivered by the USPS.  The same arrangement QVC uses, and yes, I  have prime.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

that happens alot to me and it adds at least 2 extra days until I get anything---shoot, I live 5 minutes away from the post office--I would go down there and pick it up rather than wait. Drives me nuts !!!

Esteemed Contributor

I mostly get my packages delivered by UPS. I usually get a message saying that UPS will be in my area tomorrow and will deliver my package one day early. With UPS it´s usually 5 days and USPS it´s usually 6 days.

Honored Contributor

I know it takes longer to get packages by taking them to USPS to deliver. If they are busy they just set them aside so they can get their every day mail delivered.

I have 4 packages not from Q coming today. all but 1 was to be turned over to to USPS. Since UPS has to deliver 1 of my packages they are going to deliver all of them.  Now I don't have to wait on them.

I notice tracking I receive from USPS on Amazon Prime packages are 2 to 3 days later until USPS see's it's a Prime package that has to be delivered. They than email me tracking it will be delivered that day or next day. LOL!!!

My Mailman was fired because he was not delivering his pakages. Sometimes he would act like he did not know where it needed to be delivered to???

I went out to ask him one day when he came back up the street where my package was that my email said out for delivery today? He delivered DH's cigars but not my package. After I came back in to printout tracking for him my DH was still out there so all the sudden he found my package. He said it had some sticker on it so he was not sure what to do with it. Seriously? It had my name & address on it. If I had not went out to ask about it I would have been waiting for it until Mon.

Occasional Contributor

The method of delivery is determined by the sender, NOT UPS. If there is a package to be delivered by them, and one Sure Post going to your local PO, they will generally deliver BOTH at the same time, as they are coming to your residence anyway.

Valued Contributor

One advantage of the handoff to USPS that I have found is I will often get items delivered on Saturday and even Sundays with USPS whereas UPS never delivers on weekends.   

Another thing I have noticed is my more expensive purchases like electornics or perhaps furniture stay with UPS while my cheaper buys often get handed off to USPS.  A fair amount of my cheaper Amazon purchases gets delivered by USPS now.

Honored Contributor

I don't shop here, but almost all my purchase online are either Smartpost or Surepost. It seems to add one or two days at the most. No problem whatsoever.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@fthuntI think it's called "UPS SmartPost".  I guess the shipping rate is cheaper when UPS drops a ton of stuff to be distributed from the local post office, than it is when the UPS truck hs to stop at every house.  I'm familiar with it from various stuff I order.  It works for me.