Esteemed Contributor

Would you - do you piggy back two baking dishes in oven when you have space to put side by side?  Eric's sales pitch (Copper Chef) turns me off. Have to remove very hot top dish to see in bottom dish. 

Honored Contributor

No, I would put them side by side.

I agree, it makes no sense (to me anyway) that you would stack one on top of the other.

Depending on what's in the oven dishes, that would also affect the browning of the bottom dish, wouldn't it?

I didn't see the presentation, so I'm only guessing here.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

My oven is tiny so it would work for me. At Thanksgiving some of my food has to heat up on the outdoor grill.

Not much cooking for me anymore, so I am not buying.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt - I totally would do this and attempted to buy that Copper Chef "Wonder System" to check it out. However, I received a defective one, exchanged it, and received another defective one, so I gave up. The defects were fairly serious and not just cosmetic—each time, one of the pans had a bottom that was not fully clad in metal and just had the copper coating instead, so you definitely couldn't use it on most cooktops. Overall, though, the pans seemed well made and sturdy, and I really liked the size and dimensions of the larger pan, so I hated to send it back. I also really like my other CC baking pans (I don't have any of the skillets as I don't need them).

Honored Contributor

I have with good results (I have the largest oven in the industry) by pulling one dish a little closer to the front and the other back.  Good placement is needed for air flow to cook evenly.

Honored Contributor

I have learned to switch two dishes front to back in the middle of the cooking time.  I also reverse cookie sheets and pizzas hallf way through by turning around.  The back seems much hotter than the front.  Maytag 12 year old range with glass cooktop.