Honored Contributor

Phyllis Goods new crockpot cookbook.

Can be bought at Amazon for $14.57 with no shipping.  On the Q $18.36 with $5.50 shipping.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Phyllis Goods new crockpot cookbook.

I'd never buy a cookbook from QVC.  Can almost always find the same thing much less expensive on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ImaoldhippieExcept shipping is not free until I send them he first $99 - and then if I don't buy all that many things (and I don't), shipping can end up costing more than I spend on it at the Q.

I could afford that $99 -  just don't need it.  I don't stream, didn't like their free monthly books, and I could pay that fee many times over because one of the products I use 7 days a week on my face still costs hundreds of dollars less at QVC than it does at Amazon.  Weird, but true.  I check each time before the next AD shipment is due to be released!

Respected Contributor

@millieshops  I would like to know what face product that is.  I live in rural America, so Amazon saves me tons of gas and wear and tear on my car plus my travel time.  I can't get much of what I want/need locally, so shipping it to me or driving 200+ miles is the only way to get it.

Contributor

I believe shipping is free at $25, at least what it says on my web page.

Honored Contributor

Tigress -  I use several Perricone products daily and whenever possible I get them via QVC's TSV's offerings.  The current AD is a tube of the Neuropeptide Facial Creme and a jar of the Neuropeptide Facial Conformer.  The latter on Amazon sometimes has been as low as $350.00, but more often is well over $400.  The Facial Creme seems now to be offered only at QVC and now only in kits, but both of these products cost less now than I first paid for the Creme alone.  I'm paying just over $200 for both with NY state tax and I'd be paying that to Amazon also for less product and more dollars.

I should say that if I didn't live in metropolitan areas where shopping locally is so easy, I'd probably make more use of Amazon. As things are so available and as I shop pretty much only for me, I spend less without the lure of the Amazon siren, but I grew up in farm country in PA and know how limited the shopping can be.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops I would buy Perricone on Q too! In larger areas you can get tons of stuff in blocks of your home. If I were in NYC it would take a while to adjust since I'm from a place with less than 10K people in the entire county and the nearest WalMart is 45 or so miles away. We have two grocery stores that are finally not owned by the same man, and 3 dollar stores. You can get a lot of things at the dollar store!! If mine would just carry fruit and veg produce, I wouldn't have to go to WalMart except every few months or so. Comparing local prices with Amazon, they are just pennies to a few dollars apart. When it comes to gas, time, wear and tear, etc....I'll let UPS do it for me. I don't do Black Friday shopping trips any more. I can get all that online and then some from the same stores, for the same prices with free shipping. It is just so much simpler online than to fight the people and crazies! That is what would get me about NYC, the people everywhere. It is both good and bad, but I would probably enjoy all the different cultures and FOODS!!! YUM!
Honored Contributor

@TigrissI came to the NYC area right after college and I still feel like a tourist in most areas of the city.  I live in a small town on Long Island just over an hour's train ride into the heart of Manhattan - and even we feel country compared to that. but it's city here compared to your area and the town where I grew up.

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
@millieshops I would buy Perricone on Q too! In larger areas you can get tons of stuff in blocks of your home. If I were in NYC it would take a while to adjust since I'm from a place with less than 10K people in the entire county and the nearest WalMart is 45 or so miles away. We have two grocery stores that are finally not owned by the same man, and 3 dollar stores. You can get a lot of things at the dollar store!! If mine would just carry fruit and veg produce, I wouldn't have to go to WalMart except every few months or so. Comparing local prices with Amazon, they are just pennies to a few dollars apart. When it comes to gas, time, wear and tear, etc....I'll let UPS do it for me. I don't do Black Friday shopping trips any more. I can get all that online and then some from the same stores, for the same prices with free shipping. It is just so much simpler online than to fight the people and crazies! That is what would get me about NYC, the people everywhere. It is both good and bad, but I would probably enjoy all the different cultures and FOODS!!! YUM!

With you on those big cities ! Count me out.  For reasons I can't state in here because of the mod police just start an argument anyway. I feel safer and also located away from oceans. Go vacation there , but , come home to non ocean areas.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Tigriss wrote:

With you on those big cities ! Count me out.  For reasons I can't state in here because of the mod police just start an argument anyway. I feel safer and also located away from oceans. Go vacation there , but , come home to non ocean areas.

And I feel just the opposite. We live in a densely populated little beach city in SoCal with easy access to metropolitan areas. Love to visit other places, especially abroad, but can't imagine living anywhere else.

Everyone should take necessary precations to remain safe, no matter where you live. Glad, though, that you didn't express something that might be inappropriate.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland