Frequent Contributor

Do any of you own a Philips?  I'm trying to find out the diameter of the food basket.  NOT the amount of food it will hold, nor the height of the basket.  Just the "diameter" of the basket.  I contacted Philips and the person who I spoke with was not helpful.  If you can help me, please tell me which model/model number.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Philips Air Fryer

[ Edited ]

@CindyDale 

Want the secret to extra crispy air fried meals? Get the precise, superior heating of Vortex Rapid Air Circulation. In your Power XL air fryer, your favorite foods cook inside a turbo-charged whirlwind vortex of superheated hot air. You get that perfect golden fried taste and texture on all sides – oil-free.

• Dimensions: 15.2" x 11.3" x 13.5"
  • Food Cooks in a Whirlwind Vortex for Extra Crisp and Crunch
  • 4 in 1: air fry, broil, bake, roast
  • 1500 Watts of Power. Up to 400 degrees fahrenheit cooking
  • Precise Temperature Control
  • Timer with Auto Shut-Off
  • Digital Easy-Touch Panel
  • Up to 70% fewer calories from fat than traditional frying
  • Manufacturer's 60 Day Limited Warranty
  • Plastic, aluminum, stainless steel
  • Dishwasher safe parts
  • Imported
  • Request Warranty Information
  • Savings Based On Offering Prices, Not Actual Sales
  • Web ID: 10197363

The food basket will probably only be 1 or 2  inches less than the base, that's the usual on many of these type items. 

Macy's is having sale.

Respected Contributor

I have a Philips Turbo Star model.  I took out the bottom screen to measure:  7.25 inches actoss both ways.  That doesn't sound very big but it is plenty for two - three people to fit a bunch of wings, fries, 3 chicken breasts or thighs, for instance.  It has held up for several years without problems, no preheating necessary.

Trusted Contributor

I have an old Phillips - one of the first air fryers if that's what you are looking for. The basket is a square with rounded corners and is 7 1/2 inches. Hope that helps.