Esteemed Contributor

The instructions on packages of mixed that are so tiny we sometimes literally need to pull out a magnifying glass in order to read.  Btw my eyes aren't that bad (1.50 reading correction).

Honored Contributor

I agree.  I don't wear glasses, but make sure to have readers with me when I go grocery shopping.  Drives me nuts trying to find the expiration/freshness/use by dates and they are often small.

Honored Contributor

I have several large  "sherlock holmes" style magnifiers around in strategic places..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Exactly.  I bought a package of Snickers baking chunks to make cookies.  I had my prescription readers on, 175, and I could hardly read the directions on how to make the cookies.  It’s getting ridiculous. 

Honored Contributor

I totally agree about the small lettering....however; let me also add that the coloring of the letters and the background makes it difficult to read.

I find this (problem with color of lettering and background) to be difficult in magazines also.

Sometimes it is impossible to read the lettering.

Respected Contributor

The same with most otc medications.

Honored Contributor

Here's a helpful tip that I use all the time - take a photo of the print with your smartphone so you can stretch it to as large as necessary.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

The ingredients are all but impossible to read too.

Respected Contributor

Yes agree with reading, how many times I have to take it over to the window and still can't see it. I am going to use the cell phone trick. My other problem is opening up items, so over packaged. I tried to open up a small bottle of foundation after 20 min with a knife still couldn't get it. Husband just laughed at me but then he figured it out. Those detergent pods with childproof zip bag, I have no patience & just cut the bag. So happy no little kids at my house.

Respected Contributor

when i was still working in supermarket in deli. roastbeefs would come in with sell by date in black ink on a black package . it made it so hard to see .