Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Perfect Pot Mac & Cheese in my office?

I'm teaching an evening class this semester and am thinking of getting something like the perfect rice cooker to keep in my office. This way I can make some mac and cheese to have before my class (or ready for me to eat afterwards on the way home.) My class is from 6:30-9:15 so I'll definitely need food.

So my question is as follows: It looked like from the demonstration all you would need is some cheese, dry mac, and water, maybe some pepper or something, press start and go. Is that true? There is literally no other prep time or ingedients for mac & cheese?

Valued Contributor

Re: Perfect Pot Mac & Cheese in my office?

I have had the smaller Wolfgang Puck cooker from HSN for about a year and like it a lot.

I purchased The Perfect Cooker recently in RED!  because it was very similar but a larger cooker to use when I am cooking more servings than one or two. 

You might try this cooker and mac&cheese recipe at home before taking to the office. This also comes with a tote bag made for the cooker. 

Today I made a one serving size of oatmeal and it bubbled up and over making a mess.  

I set the cook time for 20minutes, next time I will try 10minutes and see it that makes a difference.  

A great cookbook over on HSN or Amazon is *Simply The Best Rice Cooker Recipes* by Marian Getz.  Each recipe has measurements for  1.5Cup/3Cup/5Cup cookers.  I refer to this cookbook often and find it very useful for my smaller cooker and The Perfect Cooker. 

Good Luck! 

CAT

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Also, milk or cream. I put a little dried onion & garlic in mine too. Some chopped broccoli.

I have used mine at work several times.

Macaroni and Cheese

2 cups dried elbow pasta

1 cup heavy cream

1 cup water

1 cup grated Cheddar cheese

1 teaspoon corn starch

Salt and pepper 

Place the Inner Pot into the Digital Perfect Cooker.  Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and transfer the mixture to the Inner Pot. 

Secure the lid and press the Cook button. 

Cook for 25 to 35 minutes, stirring once or twice while it cooks. 

Let the macaroni and cheese cool slightly, stir and serve the pasta.

Frequent Contributor

I throw all the ingredients in a Tupperware type bowl before I leave. I dump it into the pot and press the button.

Regular Contributor

THanks, all! The cream doesn't bother me - I do have a tiny fridge...I might have to jump on that. It's better than buying fast food late at night!

Honored Contributor

No way would I want to be bothered with the mess of mac & cheese in a makeshift kitchen away from home.  That's what frozen dinners are for.  You'd probably get less calories, salt and fat with fast food.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment