Frequent Contributor

Perfect Cooker For Leftovers

Anyone tried re-heating burgers in the Cook's Essential Perfect Cooker?

I've been thinking of buttering the bottom bun so it gets crispy.

Any ideas of what to set the timer on?

Respected Contributor

Re: Perfect Cooker For Leftovers

I would reheat them if needed in the air fryer. I would probably put it on 250 degrees for about 10 minutes and check to see how much more time would be needed after that. The lower temperature should keep whatever is warmed up moist. I have only cooked in mine so far but would warm foods in it if needed. Maybe the microwave also could warm your food up if you put on the lower wattage instead of high power. That heats food without getting it hard around the edges in the microwave. Hope you find what works for you. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

The air fryer would be my first choice too but I don't have one. Don't want another counter space hog and I really don't eat much fried foods even in the air fryer.

I purchased the little cooker for portion control.

And don't laugh but I never could figure out how to work the power levels on my microwave.

I just thought I'd try my little cooker to see how it does.

Once I try it I will post my results.

Thanks for the great tips!

Respected Contributor

I just ordered EVO-18-oz.-Non-Aerosol-Oil-Sprayer-with-Funnel. I was watching David's Kitchen show from last night and saw it. I have been looking for the kitchen sprayer for oil as Meredith said they are good for foods in the air fryer. This one should not clog as many do. It will work better than a mist spritzer for me. It has 2 good reviews so far.

My husband got his tests results today and his heart test was normal but his endoscopy test shows GERD. I am glad I have the air fryer now. I also have had acid reflux for several years and throat spasms and I have mine finally under control. Mostly a diet change,losing some weight, and Nexium can make my husbands go away. One of the things that also helped me was drinking bottled water. We live in the city and chlorine is in the water. Just tried the bottled water by chance and it helps tremendously. My gastro Doctor now suggests it to some of his patients. Now my husband says he really will enjoy Emeril's air fryer.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shopster3 wrote:

Anyone tried re-heating burgers in the Cook's Essential Perfect Cooker?

I've been thinking of buttering the bottom bun so it gets crispy.

Any ideas of what to set the timer on?

@Shopster3 I don't know if this will be helpful or not but when I have a leftover burger or chicken sandwich (or even a frozen one that I first let thaw to room temperature) I pop the patty in my WP rice cooker and toast the buns in my toaster oven (on the bagel setting so they just gently brown).  Works really well for me . . . Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Now that might just be my answer! 

I think I will experiment to see the best results.

I really like your idea of toasting the buns separately.

Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@Shopster3 wrote:

Now that might just be my answer! 

I think I will experiment to see the best results.

I really like your idea of toasting the buns separately.

Thanks! 

Oh I so hope it works for you @Shopster3.  I love these little appliances as it's just me so it's just much more convenient to use them plus I for the most part do not have a working built in oven or stove so my induction burner, toaster oven and WP rice cooker are my friends . . . tee hee!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14, thank you for mentioning the EVO-18-oz.-Non-Aerosol-Oil-Sprayer-with-Funnel.  I had not seen it so I looked and the only thing that kept me from ordering is that I need four and Q's s&h policy stopped me cold.  The idea of $3.50 s&h for each is just too much.

I searched Amazon and found the same item for a bit more (prime) but there is also a two pack available for $36.04 (prime) which would save me $10.00.  Guess who got my order?

Christmas shopping for adults done.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I know who would get my order too @Marp I don't have Prime or I may have gotten mine at Amazon. There used to be if you buy more than one it was1/2 shipping on all the rest. I guess that went away with the lower shipping cost. I have been researching what would last longer and the Evo sprayers looked the best. After I saw the demo on QVC I was sold on this one. I think some of the air fryer foods will benefit from the light oil on them for the crispness. Thanks for the feedback. I like when we post products we find as sometimes it is just what one of us have been looking for. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

RE:  EVO Non Airosol Sprayer

I had ordered that too, but then I realized I have 2 non airosol sprayers already from Kitchen Kapers (no name brand) and less expensive.  When I wanted to get the EVO one, the sales person said that the plain ones are exactly the same.  Just another idea.