Trusted Contributor

People who buy food based trusting opinion of show hosts?

[ Edited ]

For those who buy food from QVC, do you buy based only on the show host’s opinion of the food?

I hear a lot of QVC customers call in’s who say they buy the food because they “trust” the show host.

Do you do the same?

Honored Contributor

Re: People who buy food based trusting opinion of show hosts?

@EatWell  Let me ask you if when you were a kid you wanted toys you saw people on tv using.  Didn't the kiddie shows influence you because the people selling toys made them look like fun?  Didn't you want that toy that came with a fast food meal or in a cereal box?  Isn't that the way it works?

Honored Contributor

Trust a salesperson?????    (I was married to one....)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

No, because:

1.  The salesman is there to sell the product.  Why would I trust him/her?

2.  Even if I trusted him/her as a person, I still might not like the product because I have

different tastes.

However, because of #2, you can't always trust reviews either, so at some point you have to take a leap of faith and try it or not.  

Respected Contributor

@EatWellwrote:

For those who buy food from QVC, do you buy based only on the show host’s opinion of the food?

I hear a lot of QVC customers call in’s who say the buy the food because they “trust” the show host.

Do you do the same?

I'm going to give you an answer without being sarcastic.  I do not buy any food from the Q because of the host.  I look at the food and if I think it looks decent I buy it.  If I don't like the food when it comes I call and tell them I didn't like the food and they give me my money back.  Most of the time the food is pretty good.  I buy the Farmland Fresh chicken, Rastelli steaks, the salmon and sometimes the deserts.  I think the steaks are the best.  I get the chicken on auto-delivery.  The Farou Isle salmon is outstanding. Some of the food is costly but for me it's worth it.  I never trust a show host.  NEVER  It's their job to give you bull. 

Honored Contributor

LOL heck no.  My momma didn’t raise me to be a fool.

Trusted Contributor

Worked with them!!!  Do Not trust them!!!

Honored Contributor

@EatWellwrote:

I hear a lot of QVC customers call in’s who say the buy the food because they “trust” the show host.

Do you do the same?

only based on the hosts opinion? NEVER.

i do buy based on:

is it something i like?

does it look good as it is presented?

is it at a price that i would pay if it is excellent?

do i need it for a party or special occasion?

is there a money back guarantee?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Only if it isn't available in my area, like Harry and David Pears. Awesome.  

Respected Contributor

I buy the food because I like the item and the nutritionals work for my health.  If no nutritionals, I do not buy.  Faroe Island Salmon, Wild Alaska Salmon, Rastelli steaks/burgers, Crab Cakes are excellent and all on auto delivery. Enstroms has become a favorite, it is wonderful and never would have known it existed if not seen on air. There are other regular items I buy and send to others.....if I do not like an item tried, I call and get a refund.  My purchase has nothing to do with the host!