Honored Contributor

Re: People Eating Out Of Potato Chip Bag

I used to buy the single serving bags of Lays, that was my portion control, unfortunately, I would buy more than one at a time, and usually, I would break open a second bag, so much for portion control. I knew I should only buy one, but I didn't want to still be hungry for them at the end of one bag, horrors, so bought a spare.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2015 tiamaria said:
On 4/3/2015 Colonel Meow said:

I have teenagers. Ever since they were little they have put their chips/snacks in a bowl. I taught them for portion control. I don't measure a serving, I just didn't think that it was OK to eat an entire bag of chips out of a bag. Really, nobody should.

I don't eat the entire bag in one sitting, I simply don't like dirtying dishes unless necessary. But I understand the point of portion control and applaud your efforts in teaching your children about it.

I personally would have a hard time putting the bag down and may possible eat it all.......when I have a bowl I know I have to eat it slowly because I can see when I am coming to the end!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Yes, this can be challenging! I'm not a potato chip eater, but I do enjoy Cheez-Its. It's somewhat easier to keep myself on track with these because I can individually count how many I eat. I typically cut myself off after 20.

Respected Contributor

I don't like it, either. The chip bag sounds drive me nuts, and I don't consider myself a particularly sensory sensitive person. Smiley Wink
Contributor

I have teenagers. Ever since they were little they have put their chips/snacks in a bowl. I taught them for portion control. I don't measure a serving, I just didn't think that it was OK to eat an entire bag of chips out of a bag. Really, nobody should.

I don't eat the entire bag in one sitting, I simply don't like dirtying dishes unless necessary. But I understand the point of portion control and applaud your efforts in teaching your children about it.

I personally would have a hard time putting the bag down and may possible eat it all.......when I have a bowl I know I have to eat it slowly because I can see when I am coming to the end!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Alright Ladies! I'm not proud but I have eaten an entire bag in one sitting. Is this the norm? No but maybe once...or twice a year after a stressful day I rush home from work and grab the bag and devour it. I think the crunch helps release the stress. I'm not proud of myself afterwards but it is what it is. Haha Chips for dinner and bbq breath and a bellyache the rest of the night. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Frequent Contributor

Ha ha ha! I'm glad I'm not alone with this quirk. My ex-husband used to lick his fingers, and then put them back in the bag. It totally grossed me out.
Super Contributor

mom2m - hey, we all have those days every so often! There's no shame in that! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

my 74 year old mother eats out of the bag.....no way am i saying anything to her!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Contributor

mom2m - hey, we all have those days every so often! There's no shame in that! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Thank You Colonel Meow! Sometimes self control decides to take a vacation!

Honored Contributor

Love all your postsSmile

I was taught to put things like chips in a bowl.

To me, it's like drinking milk right out of the carton. In fact, I caught my husband doing it one night.

Valued Contributor

We're heathens at our house......we scoop them right out of the bag with our hands Smiley Happy