Esteemed Contributor

Re: Penzy's has a great freebie today - 8 jarred spices boxed

@pupwhipped@sunshine45

Hope that eases your concern.  I placed my order before posting on the forum.  He said in his email his staff and him couldn't figureout the huge influx, their computers were blowing up.  They have always been honest and trustworthy.  The box is great and everything very fresh.  I already used stuff and will give my second as a gift.

Honored Contributor

thanks @hopi...

i do receive their emails but i never received that email? not sure why?

i am sure they were inundated with orders. i may call them tomorrow just to confirm.

i did order extra spices also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My order shows delivery this Weds.

I ordered mine on the 14th.

My sister had to call them about her order. She was told they were so busy & sold out that some orders will go on backorder.

They will send a shipping confirmation when it ships.

No it usually does not take this long but that was a good deal so everyone was buying it.

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@sunshine45,@pupwhipped

They ran out of jars.  They sent an email the first evening saying they would honor all orders and even new orders  the day that the listed the promo. They were totally sold out.  It was there biggest response in their cyber history.  I am on the email list.  Wonder if they just sent out the notice to customers who are on the mailing list thinking they would all get the second email.. 

My 1st order came in 2 days which is usual.  I did place a second order after the second email.  This company is extemely trust worthy.  If you are concerned either call or email them to let them know.

You will be pleased it is worth the wait.  

eta: Found the email in my trash ......

Yes, this email on most every level makes no sense to send—most every level but one. Gone is our massive inventory of Soul boxes we had prepared. If you order your free Soul box tonight it will be weeks before you see it because your demand not only used up the mountain of Soul boxes we had made, your demand used up our supply of 1/4-cup jars. It will be 3 weeks before our next shipment arrives and we can begin making more.

Plus, most of you are ordering a few extra Spices/Seasonings to go along with your free $34.95 Soul box to take advantage of our reduced $20 minimum for free shipping, which helps us out a lot and we appreciate it. But at this point the Soul Box will be back-ordered and those items won’t start shipping until a week from tomorrow. So delays for you and two shipping costs for us, everything every online/mail order company does all it can to avoid

@hopi- thank you for the heads up. I don't remember receiving an email from Penzeys after I ordered the Soul Box, but I may have gotten it and forgot. I know they're good for it so I'm not at all worried.

I LOVE Penzeys and am so happy that I was able to get one of these boxes. I don't cook much (and that's putting it mildly), but when I do, I love to open my pantry and all these wonderful spices. Sometimes I just open the jars to sniff them Smiley Very Happy

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I contacted them today about my order & was told they did not have enough stock to fill the orders so it would still be a while until it shipped.

Esteemed Contributor

I got a shipping notice today that my delivery will be on Saturday. I'm looking forward to receiving everything I ordered!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I just unpacked an order I placed last week.  No free bees though, but I am looking forward to using everything.

Among my favorite are Fox Point seasoning and Sunny in Paris.  

Occasional Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Thank you for this info.  In our efforts to restrict sodium in our diet, DH and I love their specialized salt-free blends.  They are just the best, and you don't even miss salt.  We do have a Penzeys store nearby, and it is one amazing store.  Their catalog offers you just about anything you could want, salt-free or not.  Great place for baking spices, I might add.

What are your favorite salt-free blends? And what would you recommend? I've went through a heart bypass surgery, and have been eating lower-sodium to no-sodium in my lifestyle; I've had my fill of Mrs. Dash and various grocery store brands of no-sodium flavoring...and I'd like to expand my use of good, quality no-salt blends in my cooking!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @dbldbl,

I am glad to help you out.  Our favorite Penzey's spices (salt free) are Bavarian Seasoning (meat and poultry), Mural of Flavor (multi-use), and Sunny Spain (fish or chicken).  Check out Penzey's web site, select "gift boxes," and then "salt free."   There are three box sets, and you might want to start with the 4 jar pack, which I think may include our personal favorites.

I wish you good luck with changing your diet.  You will do well and stay well because you are so motivated.  We did the same 6 years ago after my DH's mild heart attack.  He is still doing fine, and you will too.  If I may suggest the American Heart Association Cookbook, if you don't have it.  I keep salt-free chicken and beef boullon on hand, as well as a variety of plain herbs, as well.  I do hope you like Penzey's salt-free as much as we do.  Of course, they have many with salt, too.

Honored Contributor

an update.......my free box of 8 spices arrived yesterday. it took a while, but they came through. Smiley Happy

love the deals that penzeys has been doing.

love supporting the company.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein