Honored Contributor

Penzey's Vanilla

[ Edited ]

Going up in price again on Mon 6-18. If you use their brand I would purchase before the increase. I just bought a bottle with my last order.

penzeys_vanilla_single_prices_06_18_18.png

penzeys_vanilla_double_prices_06_18_18.png

Honored Contributor

Thanks.  I will order some.

Honored Contributor

Re: Penzey's Vanilla

[ Edited ]

Those are some pretty hefty increases.  Great products, though.

I probably still have enough vanilla extract to last many years, as I don't bake that much anymore.  Mine is Penzey's, probably purchased 5 years ago.

I just looked to make sure of what I had, and I have an almost full 8oz bottle.  That's fifty bucks!  If things go bad, maybe I can sell my vanilla.  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz@Thanks for posting this. I have several bottles but may order another one...just in case. I do bake a lot in the Fall and Winter. Madagascar Vanilla truly is the best...IMHO. 

I did notice that other day when they were presenting the Grandma’s Coffee Cakes they said they use Bourbon Vanilla....the gentleman that is the vendor mentioned that the Madagascar Vanilla is hard to come by and very expensive. Something to do with some flood or freeze wiped out a lot of the crop.

Respected Contributor

I think I’ll get some this weekend. I don’t bake often but I do make homemade granola, yum. 

Honored Contributor

purchased vanilla in one of my last penzeys orders that had special deals. my s/o also buys me excellent high quality vanilla when he goes to mexico. i also have a large bottle of mccormicks vanilla that a friend of mine gave me.....she works for the company. i think i am stocked even through the holidays.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I live near the Mexico border and purchase good quality Mexican vanilla at a nearby spice shop. I got 16 oz bottles for $8. Good thing because I use a lot of vanilla.

Frequent Contributor

I'll need to order more. I use Penzey's vanilla, almond extract and orange extract in my green and black tea. I bought some dropper bottles and pour the extracts into them, then drop the extracts into individual cups of tea. It adds a lovely layer of flavor. I use the orange and almond in green tea and the vanilla in black tea. I also use the vanilla in coffee and a little bit of Penzey's cinnamon.

Honored Contributor

I haven't bought anything from them since the owner sent out an e-mail telling me how to vote.  I have discovered spices (good quality ones and cheaper) at a lot of local health food stores and Whole Foods.  So I can buy only what I need and keep it fresh for a good price and convenient.  We have access to so many things now!  

Respected Contributor

Vanilla has really gone up in price.  Lucky for me I have a great local spice shop the grinds fresh and they have the very best vanilla paste.  It's not as expensive at Penzey's.  I just got 4oz for $17, but since it's a paste, you don't use as much.