Valued Contributor

Re: Penzey's Has Vanilla on Sale

Thanks KatieB! I just ordered some. Go through a lot of vanilla this time of year. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

froggy: "Penzey's vanilla can't be good enough to pay almost $5 per ounce. I use way too much vanilla to pay that much".

FYI:

Penzey's REAL vanilla is no more expensive than Williams-Sonoma or others who sell the REAL stuff.

Respected Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Penzey's vanilla can't be good enough to pay almost $5 per ounce. I use way too much vanilla to pay that much.

@froggy   So where do you get your vanilla, where do you buy it from??

Respected Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@froggy wrote:

Penzey's vanilla can't be good enough to pay almost $5 per ounce. I use way too much vanilla to pay that much.

@froggy   So where do you get your vanilla, where do you buy it from??

I buy mine from a spice shop about 20 miles from the Mexican border. I buy the "pure" extract which has the alcohol content required by the FDA in orfer to be called pure - it is not a blend. Last time I was there I paid $8 for a 16 oz bottle. I would not buy the same brand from Amazon even though the prices are similar - many reviews claim to have received the "blend" rather than the "pure".

I understand - we all have our preferences. I probably pay more for some things that others would consider silly.