Trusted Contributor
Just saw a Youtube video on peeling garlic. Worked like a charm. Anyone else try it?
Valued Contributor
Was it the one with Martha Stewart?
Honored Contributor

Since you didn't say WHICH video, how would we know if we did.

Was it the one with the bowl? Personally, I buy a big tub of peeled garlic cloves because it's worth it to me.

Trusted Contributor
Yup,Martha Stewart. Imagine just shaking was all it took.
Valued Contributor
On 1/14/2015 2zbeach said: Yup,Martha Stewart. Imagine just shaking was all it took.
I need to get 2 metal bowls the same size
Honored Contributor

I don't know what this method is, but -

I've always done the basic 'smash and peel'. That works fine. I use a wide bladed knife and find a good level of pressure (enough to open it up but not enough to obliterate it) to hit it with the heel of my hand. Takes like two seconds.

I also cut the ends off (after) and remove that core thing in the middle that can contribute to making the garlic bitter. But once you smash it a bit, it's easy to do those things.

Honored Contributor
On 1/14/2015 chickenbutt said:

I've always done the basic 'smash and peel'. That works fine. I use a wide bladed knife and find a good level of pressure (enough to open it up but not enough to obliterate it) to hit it with the heel of my hand. Takes like two seconds.

I also cut the ends off (after) and remove that core thing in the middle that can contribute to making the garlic bitter. But once you smash it a bit, it's easy to do those things.

I also do it this way.

Respected Contributor
On 1/14/2015 mousiegirl said:

I also do it this way.

Me three!
Super Contributor
On 1/14/2015 WenGirl42 said:

I also do it this way.

Me three!

Smash and peel is the way to go!

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/14/2015 WenGirl42 said:

I also do it this way.

Me three!

Another vote for this method!

I must admit, I buy the peeled garlic cloves from BJs.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.