Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pecan pie recipe, please

On 8/7/2014 Sharke said:

Mr. Finicky cat won't eat sour cream either...and on it goes.............

Remember that commercial on Tv 'Mikey' the kid and the cereal ? ""give it to Mikey he won't eat anything"" and Mikey loved the cereal and all the other kids looked shocked. Reminds me of what I got to put up with. He won't eat fried or scrambled eggs either. I like plain cheese pizza with some jalepeno juice squeezed on it he goes ""gag the s**t you eat"" ! I need an icon here.................LOL

Looks like you might have to stick with the original recipe for Mr. Finicky Cat - we wouldn't want to see you in jail!

Esteemed Contributor

I am very picky about pecan pie because I don't like a custardy pie. I make a ""chewy"" pecan pie & got the recipe in the early 80's at my daughter's school from a potluck.

Esteemed Contributor

Would you share the recipe? Please!

Valued Contributor

On 8/7/2014 Zhills said:

WHITE PECAN PIE

Filling:

2 Eggs

1 Cup Sugar

1 tsp Flour

1 Cup Sour Cream
¼ tsp Lemon juice

Brush pie crust with egg white. Pour in Filling and top with pecans.

Bake at 350° 40-50 minutes. Let stand before serving.

Surprisingly delicious! This was my husband's favorite pie.

Here is a site for another one:

http://www.deepfriedkudzu.com/2008/01/sour-cream-pecan-pie.html

never heard of this one before! looks excellent! will be making it very soon

Super Contributor

The ones at Coco's are delicious! My mom used to make the best pecan pie...it took forever.
Contributor

On 8/7/2014 pupcakes said:

I am very picky about pecan pie because I don't like a custardy pie. I make a ""chewy"" pecan pie & got the recipe in the early 80's at my daughter's school from a potluck.

I second Zhills request. Can you please share the recipe you reference for a ""chewy"" pecan pie?

Honored Contributor

My favorite pie other then cherry LOL Finicky cat's fav is choc pie,but, nobody can make it like his mother. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Honored Contributor

My personal favorite from King Arthur Flour's website

yankee pecan pie

Y'all have heard of Southern pecan pie, right? Well, this northern version relies on maple syrup (rather than corn syrup) for its sweetness, giving it a distinctly New England flavor. Ayuh!

Filling
4 large eggs
1/2 cup (3 1/4 ounces) brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (grade B (cooking) maple syrup
1/4 cup (1/2 stick, 2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon maple flavor
1 1/2 cups (5 5/8 ounces) pecan halves or chopped pecans*

*We often use chopped walnuts in place of the pecans.

Filling: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, salt, maple syrup, melted butter and maple flavor. Stir in the nuts and pour the filling into the prepared crust.

Baking: Bake the pie on the bottom rack of a preheated 400°F oven for 15 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 25 to 35 minutes, or until the center is set. Yield: 10 to 12 servings.

I don't use the maple flavoring, it doesn't need it. I also add pecans and only use halves.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval