Honored Contributor

Does anyone have a way to mix in the top layer of oil that isn't messy.I usually end up dumping most of it but then the lpeanut butter at the bottom of the jar is very dry and won't spread.

Honored Contributor

I buy the Walmart brand peanut butter think it's better then Jif, etc.

If you don't blend the oil through out the peanut butter , sure , it's gonna be dry.

Honored Contributor

I buy Trader Joe's brand, no need to stir the oil, cheaper than Skippy the brand I used to buy.

Valued Contributor

Use your hand mixer with only 1 Beater.  Put in jar but get something rubbery to hold the jar with one hand.  I have had a jar slip from my fingers and that is a mess.  Use slowest speed.  It's sort of like an immersion blender.

Esteemed Contributor

Turn the jar upside down 'til the oil disappears.  It will rise to the top again and mix very well.  Keep turning it needed.

Respected Contributor

I use Trader Joe’s creamy salted style and I only have to stir it once because it’s then refrigerated and stays mixed. I put a table knife down to the bottom of the jar and start rotating it around at the top. Once the oil starts getting incorporated, I can lift the knife and start stirring it normally.

Respected Contributor

I like the brands @kaydee50 &sharke mentioned as they are all natural and come mixed. If I buy one with oil on top before I open it I turn it upside down for when I store it (sealed ) then when I do open it I use a long dinner knife to mix . I have used an immersion blender also . It can be trying !

Honored Contributor

@Zhills That is brilliant!Thanks so much.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Turn the jar upside down 'til the oil disappears.  It will rise to the top again and mix very well.  Keep turning it needed.

@dex

This works very well, but the nut butter needs to be at room temperature.  If you mix the butter up well, you can then refrigerate it and it won’t separate again.  Most natural nut butters require refrigeration after opening anyway.

Honored Contributor

I'm hooked on Biscoff now. LOL  Made cookies using it gave most away, but, biscoff is tasty. You can use like peanut butter at walmart