Respected Contributor

Re: Peanut Butter - Jif or Peter Pan?

@fthunt Jif is my first choice, but Skippy is a runner up.  Jif has been scarce in my market in DC--Harris Teeter--and my Significant Other is not choosy so we have the store brand and I picked up a jar of Skippy as a backup.

Couldn't get Smucker's grape jelly so picked up Welch's instead.

Now I am craving a P&J sandwich!

Best,

aroc3435

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG  ..... I am speechless! "IF". How could you turn down a peanut butter & jelly sandwich ....... or a peanut butter & pickle sandwich ..... or a peanut butter & potato chip sandwich? Don't they sound good? Smuckers also has chocolate in a tub you can put on your peanut butter sandwich.

*******""  Sorry, couldn't resist teasing you! *******

Honored Contributor

I prefer Smart Balance creamy, but if I had to pick between Jif or Peter Pan, it would definitely be Jif.  That is what I grew upon and love it, creamy or crunchy!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@ECBG  ..... I am speechless! "IF". How could you turn down a peanut butter & jelly sandwich ....... or a peanut butter & pickle sandwich ..... or a peanut butter & potato chip sandwich? Don't they sound good? Smuckers also has chocolate in a tub you can put on your peanut butter sandwich.

*******""  Sorry, couldn't resist teasing you! *******

@Sheila P-Burg Girl. it's ok!!!!!!!!!!!🤪

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

Smuckers also has chocolate in a tub you can put on your peanut butter sandwich.

There are brands that make peanut butter AND chocolate in one jar.  WAY too addictive.  But delicious! 

Contributor

Skippy

Respected Contributor

I don't like either brand; they're loaded with sugar. My family like unprocessed peanut butter. Nothing but peanuts and their oil. It tends to separate so just give it a stir before you use it and you're all set. Tastes much better.

Trusted Contributor

I'm a Jif and only Jif girl.  I don't eat peanut butter too often, so I don't worry about the sugar content.   

Respected Contributor

@fthunt Jiff to go cups low sodium.

Respected Contributor

@Seriously20 

Spoiler
Smiley Indifferent