Honored Contributor

Re: Peanut Butter - Jif or Peter Pan?

I was telling my husband, the other day, that I had eaten breakfast (he asks me from time to time because I forget to eat a lot of times) and I told him I had peanut butter toast.   He thought that sounded horrible!  What??  hehe

I like to make a couple pieces of toast (whole grain, organic, with seeds - current fav is Dave's Killer Bread Good Seed), get some butter on it while it's hot, and then add a little bit of peanut butter and spread that on over the butter.   It's just lovely.  The pb blends a little bit where some of the butter is still not melted and they seem to go really well together!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

JIF, and only JIF....natural and chunky!

Honored Contributor

Skippy Creamy or Skippy with Honey

Trusted Contributor

After many, many, many years of being a Skippy creamy fan, I have converted.  I am now a Jif creamy fan.  And, I found the same thing when I went to the grocery store last week--------no regular Jif.  They had the natural, organic, etc., but no Skippy regular, either.  Had Kroger brand.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

For DH it's Jiff only, so that's what Kingston and I eat too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

It's Smuckers for me.  Peanuts and salt are the only ingredients.  No sugar added.  And it's not just me....  I had a poodle who turned up his nose at Jiff.   Someone had a bottle she wasn't using, and gave it to me for Jake....he loved peanut butter.  Not Jiff, though.  It was so funny!

Honored Contributor

Skippy, hands down.!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

Re: @seriously20

[ Edited ]

SERIOUSLY, do you ever have anything positive to say?  

Respected Contributor

I buy what ever is on sale once a year. I recently have liked Skippy Natural.

I buy a 4 pound Jif Creamy  which  I havent found lately and is the cheapest ,even over store brands for my dog who every evening about 8 pm drops her Kong in my lap to have her nightly treat. I hide it and she finds it. 

A friend of mine works part time in a Supermarket meat dept. He said people were  buying up the  Pork on Monday. He said you may have to switch your preferred brands or use frozen chicken over fresh.

Esteemed Contributor

Taste tests conducted by America's Test Kitchen have named Skippy the clear winner several years in a row, due to it having "just the right balance of sweetness, salt, and roasted peanut flavor." And it's my favorite as well! The best part is that the brand offers a reduced fat version that tastes EXACTLY like the original and has no difference in texture, so I can feel less guilty about my occasional PB&J or dip for celery sticks (or chocolate). I always use the full-fat version for baking, though—no compromising on anything when you want a truly decadent peanut buttery treat!