Honored Contributor

Colorado peaches from Noland Orchards out of Co will be here tomorrow. Can't wait. My mouth is watering right now. LOL!!!

Cunningham's will be bringing in peaches from Co twice in Aug & once in Sept. so I will be eating peaches thru Sept or Oct.

I will have to cut up some to put in the freezer for smoothies. Just finished off what we had left from last year.

My peach diet will soon start. As many peaches as I eat you would think I would turn into a peach.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

yep, that's where they're coming in from

They have a stand up on Coulter St. beside a nursery shrub business

Not cheap, but, reminds me of Ind.

@SharkE 

Are they from Cunningham's out of Co.? If you are not sure here is their Amarillo schedule since I think that's where you are located. Their peaches are huge & juicy. You need a plate or stand over the sink eating they are so juicy. YUM!!!

Amarillo, TX
Monday, Aug 12, 2019 (7am-3pm)
Monday, Aug 26, 2019 (7am-3pm)
Church of Christ at the Colonies 4500 Wesley Rd.
(970)201-2509

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE.  Where do you find decent peaches in Amarillo?  The only time I've gotten good ones is when in Colorado.  The raise wonderful fruit. 

@Kachina624 

I don't know where you are located but Cunningham Peaches out of Co. sell their peaches in other Ok/Tx locations. You can check out their site online to see their schedule. Just search Cunningham Peaches.

Honored Contributor

We bought a box of peaches from Sams Club about a week ago. They were from California. I forgot the name of the peach. But they were so good. The juice was running down my hands and arms while I was peeling them. And the skin came off so easy because they were nice and ripe.

We went through about 12 of them in 3-4 days. I hope they still have some when I go back tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

The one local market in this town has had NC peaches for sale for a few weeks.  We find this roadside stand to be pretty much hit and miss; the peaches were good, and we found nice green beans as well as slicing tomatoes on that trip.   We came home from our last trip with only fresh corn.   The TN peaches at the grocery store were pretty looking peaches, still quite firm, and at $.30 cents a pound higher than the roadside market price, I didn’t buy any.

@SharkE,  deer are like goats, they eat lots of things in large amounts and have no ill effects.   Nasty rodents!   My area is overrun with them right now.

Honored Contributor

Up in Ind. deer hunters abounded.

Don't know if they hunt deer down here or not in Tx.

I know a guy who hunts wild pigs. LOL   He calls them 'feral ' pigs. LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   There is a woman from Grand Junction set up across the road selling peaches...haven’t gotten any yet but heard they are really juicy this year...DW

Honored Contributor

@SharkE,

Deer hunting is big here in WV.   Nearly 108,900 deer were killed statewide last year, and we are still overrun with them because the state restricts the killing of the females.  Every 5 years or so hunters can buy an extra stamp to kill a doe during gun season, but the overall impact per county is still too low to see a difference.   

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman. A lot of your fruit comes from Fruita which is near Grand Junction on the slopes of Grand Mesa.

I was in the City Market in Durango one day when they started hauling in crates of Colorado raised peaches.  They were gorgeous, big and flawless.  I bought as many as would fit in our RV.  They were heavenly.  I've bought great peaches at the City Market on other occasions too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE @RedTop.  Texas deer are tiny little things about the size of a German Shepherd.  I don't think there's much deer hunting around Amarillo but there may be some Antelope.  I've seen a lot of them around Roswell.

My dh killed a feral hog once that was hanging around our horse barn.  They can be dangerous.  We paid to have it dressed and wrapped.  Nastiest meat I ever ate.  We threw it away. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment