Respected Contributor

This year I'm going to do it, I bought peaches from California, they are large, juicy and ready to make a pie with.

I need help though, once my pie was way to juicy, then I added more tapioca and it was dense, just want to make a good and tasty peach pie....help!

Honored Contributor

WEll, I don't have any advice but I wanted to let you know that however it turns out, I'll be right over to help eat it for you!Smiley LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

You were fortunate to get good peaches.  I've never had a decent California peach.  They're hard as rocks and mealy.  I try to find Colorado peaches.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They're out right now Kachina. They got produce stands set up around Amarillo.  I've bought some . I like Indiana's better LOL  better then the store bought ones though. They're not fit for a gator.

Honored Contributor

I just have to put this out there because I think it's beyond funny but don't come to Georgia (the Peach State) for your peaches.  The sign in the supermarket this weekend said they were from South Carolina.  And they were good!  Smiley Very Happy  

Honored Contributor

I only use cornstarch to tighten and bind my peach pie filling.

Honored Contributor

I am not a baker but the best peach pie I have ever tasted was the fresh peach pie at Marie Callendar.  The peaches were not cooked but had a glaze on them - like fresh strawberry pie does.  They went out of business where I live so it is just a memory!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all your help, didn't get to the pie today but tomorrow night will be the time....you know how you can just taste it, it's that bad and I have to make one no matter how it turns out.

I was surprised with these California peaches, they were huge and got them at Sam's, I bought Georgia peaches when they first came out and they were mealy and so disappointed at $2.49 pound tossing them in the garbage.

oh well, that's when i should buy one and then go back and get more if they are any good.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Thanks for all your help, didn't get to the pie today but tomorrow night will be the time....you know how you can just taste it, it's that bad and I have to make one no matter how it turns out.

I was surprised with these California peaches, they were huge and got them at Sam's, I bought Georgia peaches when they first came out and they were mealy and so disappointed at $2.49 pound tossing them in the garbage.

oh well, that's when i should buy one and then go back and get more if they are any good.

Well no wonder Georgia is importing.  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I seem to get really good peaches by putting them in a paper bag for a day or two. This trick really works. I always seem to eat them all fresh and never get around to making a pie. It sounds good, though.

i have a friend with a truck who goes over to Michigan to get peaches when they are in. I freeze most of them and they are delicious. I think they would make a good pie.