Honored Contributor
At one time I truly enjoyed Paula's cooking shows. Paula Deen has always had a big personality, but there was a time when she was much calmer, and even gentile in her kitchen, which is when I enjoyed watching her. Then, Paula grew much bolder, and louder, even boisterous, and her comments on many things were so unfiltered, I began to lose interest in watching her. I always knew Paula Deen would come out of the fire, slightly roasted, but able to move on with new things. I think she is a likeable person, but I personally find her too loud, and her shows are just not as interesting as they once were.
Super Contributor
On 2/18/2015 Crisso said:
On 2/17/2015 Cookie06 said:

I mean really, that poor woman was destroyed financially for being honest and admitting something that had happened years before that probably all of us have done at one time or another if we are completely honest. It's not like she is some horrible monster and I don't feel she deserved what she has gotten. I wish her the best. The story was never even very clear on the whole situation of a racial slur. I am not in the least predjudice, but I am not a judgmental person and everybody deserves a second chance except murderers and molesters.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Smile

Super Contributor

I... everybody deserves a second chance except murderers and molesters.

Well I guess that leaves out King David and the Apostle Paul..

II Samuel 12: 7-12

Acts 7:59-8:3

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/17/2015 Goldengate8361 said:
On 2/17/2015 Dusty1 said:

Good for her. Everyone deserves another chance.

I agree!

I also agree!!

Regular Contributor
On 2/18/2015 iPod said:
On 2/17/2015 Crisso said:

Sorry, but there is nothing to cheer for in my opinion.

I'm so Glad you are perfect and Never made any mistakes, {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

It truly amazes me how a person like yourself who does not have all the facts. She did not make a mistake, because she knew exactly what she was doing and just happened to get caught. She's no different from any of the other career criminal that gets caught. That's why all her endorsements where dropped. The damaged that was done cannot be fix
Respected Contributor

Career Criminal? wait, I am no fan of PD, but are we still talking about her use of the "N" word and preferring African American waiters in tuxedos at her wedding ?

Respected Contributor
On 2/21/2015 Mothertrucker said:

Career Criminal? wait, I am no fan of PD, but are we still talking about her use of the "N" word and preferring African American waiters in tuxedos at her wedding ?

LOL, some people take things a little too seriously. She's a bigot, plain and simple and unfortunately there's millions of people who are, they are not criminals.

Most people raised this way have a hard time believing anything else. Amazing but true.

I worked for Mormans when blacks were first allowed in the priesthood, by the reaction you'd have thought they were struck down by lightening. My biggest confusion was why would anyone want to belong to a church that thought so little of them, and have to pay to do it?

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor
On 2/21/2015 Mothertrucker said:

It was not just racism. Along with her brother, they committed acts of violence and discrimination. That's some of the reasons why she was dropped by all the companies that supported her including QVC. That is what career criminals do. They keep doing illegal things until they get caught. Sort of like Martha Stewart.
Honored Contributor
On 2/20/2015 Tweena63 said:
On 2/18/2015 iPod said:
On 2/17/2015 Crisso said:

Sorry, but there is nothing to cheer for in my opinion.

I'm so Glad you are perfect and Never made any mistakes, {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

It truly amazes me how a person like yourself who does not have all the facts. She did not make a mistake, because she knew exactly what she was doing and just happened to get caught. She's no different from any of the other career criminal that gets caught. That's why all her endorsements where dropped. The damaged that was done cannot be fix

It was a well-entrenched pattern of disregard for others--ethnic groups, employees, and others--and a hostile environment in her restaurants for those who worked them, especially women and African Americans. People should NOT be treated like that. It is documented in her sworn statements, by those who worked in restaurants, and by her loud, rude, and embarrassing, vulgar-old-lady self on tv.

That's why a lot of people have had it with her. Simply put, she isn't my kind of people. She makes me uncomfortable to watch. If she is your kind of folk, that is your business.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/20/2015 4uthebest said:

I... everybody deserves a second chance except murderers and molesters.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Well I guess that leaves out King David and the Apostle Paul..

II Samuel 12: 7-12

Acts 7:59-8:3

Right! Jesus forgives all~Thank God, as we all have sinned!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West