Honored Contributor

I knew she would survive. Good for her and her family.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Crisso, I'm with you.

I never did enjoy her persona (at least as I saw on QVC). I found her to be rather obnoxious, to put it mildly.

The only thing that fascinated me back when the boards were all abuzz about her problems were some posts that were far more disturbing than anything the woman herself said or might have said. It seemed that some of the defenses were tinged. Wink

As for her type of cooking, no thanks. I've checked out her recipes and found them to be overloaded with processed foods (box cake mixes, etc.), fat, and calories.

I do not think that she in any way represents the wonderful cuisine of the South. The list of ingredients in her Gooey cakes is, IMO, enough to make my teeth hurt.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I wish Paula all the best as she begins her comeback. But her food is so unhealthy...

Valued Contributor
On 2/17/2015 Cookie06 said:

I mean really, that poor woman was destroyed financially for being honest and admitting something that had happened years before that probably all of us have done at one time or another if we are completely honest. It's not like she is some horrible monster and I don't feel she deserved what she has gotten. I wish her the best. The story was never even very clear on the whole situation of a racial slur. I am not in the least predjudice, but I am not a judgmental person and everybody deserves a second chance except murderers and molesters.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}She got railroaded!!

Super Contributor
On 2/18/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Crisso, I'm with you. But I never enjoyed her persona (at least as I saw on QVC), so her personal failings really were not as interesting to me as they were to others. I found her to be rather obnoxious, to put it mildly.

The only thing that fascinated me back when the boards were all abuzz about her problems were some posts that were far more disturbing than anything the woman herself said or might have said.

As for her type of cooking, no thanks. I've checked out her recipes and found them to be overloaded with processed foods (box cake mixes, etc.), fat, and calories.

I do not think that she in any way represents the wonderful cuisine of the South. The list of ingredients in her Gooey cakes is, IMO, enough to make my teeth hurt.

I find it interesting that my "fan" assumed my comment was about her, achem..., politics. It had much more to do with her cooking! Wink

Honored Contributor

Why doesn't she just go away and live off of her millions. I havn't given her a thought since she left Food Network. I don't think she ever presented a recipe that wasn't another person's, recipes that have been around forever.

Honored Contributor
On 2/18/2015 Crisso said:
On 2/18/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Crisso, I'm with you. But I never enjoyed her persona (at least as I saw on QVC), so her personal failings really were not as interesting to me as they were to others. I found her to be rather obnoxious, to put it mildly.

The only thing that fascinated me back when the boards were all abuzz about her problems were some posts that were far more disturbing than anything the woman herself said or might have said.

I find it interesting that my "fan" assumed my comment was about her, achem..., politics. It had much more to do with her cooking! Wink

Not that it matters much, but in the time that you posted this reply, I actually edited my reply to you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

You cannot live off yogurt and celery sticks,that being said...her Gooey cakes are and have been the most requested item I have ever made for my Grandchildren.That does not mean they have them day and night ,just on occasion,and I do not see anything wrong with that.I have found the people that talk about healthy eating,just might eat cookies once in a while!!

Trusted Contributor
Don't like her style, whatever that is, so I will run the other way. The more I saw, the less I liked. I don't get her appeal.
Respected Contributor

Don't like her, so won't be watching.