Valued Contributor

Re: Paula Deen's New Product...Yes, It's Real!

I'm really confused by this product.

Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 sidsmom said:
On 7/26/2014 AuntG said:

I know there is a point here but I'm not sure I get it. A lot of people like a good chocolate bar and if Paula markets one, that wouldn't bother me. I'd hate to see a diabetic discriminated against because they bought a donut at the bakery or had a piece of wedding cake with buttercream frosting. The only thought I have about paid spokespeople is that I believe they should use the product they are advertising.

ITA....don't see anything wrong with it.

ITA--I see nothing wrong with it either.

Honored Contributor

When you think about it none of the prepared foods celebrities endorse are really healthy. Even Newmans sells cookies, candies, chips crackers, things that aren't exactly "healthy" foods. I think people have to decide for themselves what their lifestyle and beliefs are .

I think PD can sell what she wants, that is America. I agree with DooBDoo . I buy according to my personal beliefs as best I can. But that is me. The quote DooBDoo cited of Maya Angelou's ,"When people show you who they are, believe them" rings loud and clear in PD 's case. With me anyway. Her actions don't seem to coincide with who she says she is.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to add to my post below. Chocolate Butter sounds original. Besides pancakes, how do you think you would use it? I would never purchase it unless another vendor made an organic butter versions, as I only use organic or Strauss

ETA

Forget it, I am an idiot. I thought it was chocolate butter, like fresh churned butter...not candy. Geesh. time for my meds LOL!

Honored Contributor

This is not a candy bar; it is chocolate flavored sticks of butter for cooking and baking.
Honored Contributor

On 7/29/2014 shoekitty said:

When you think about it none of the prepared foods celebrities endorse are really healthy. Even Newmans sells cookies, candies, chips crackers, things that aren't exactly "healthy" foods. I think people have to decide for themselves what their lifestyle and beliefs are .

I think PD can sell what she wants, that is America. I agree with DooBDoo . I buy according to my personal beliefs as best I can. But that is me. The quote DooBDoo cited of Maya Angelou's ,"When people show you who they are, believe them" rings loud and clear in PD 's case. With me anyway. Her actions don't seem to coincide with who she says she is.

She told the world who she is in the deposition she gave over that restaurant lawsuit. She told the world.

Honored Contributor

On 8/6/2014 RedTop said: This is not a candy bar; it is chocolate flavored sticks of butter for cooking and baking.

It's made by Landies Candies, a chocolate manufacturer...not by a dairy.

I think it's chocolate bars with high fat content.

I didn't get a chance to go there and check it out in person yet.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I focused more on the way it is packaged, and thought this makes butter flavored Crisco look common. Paula Deen sold a chocolate candy assortment during the Christmas holidays prior to her legal issues. Pretty expensive, and had regular and sugar free versions.
Honored Contributor

I don't even understand what the product is....is it butter with chocolate added to it for baking brownies? Or is it candy?

Frequent Contributor

On 7/26/2014 RedHeadedWench said:

Soooo, let me get this straight.

A person who hid her diabetes from the public (for her image and food product sake), and then came out (so to speak) as a diabetic, because she was a PAID spokesperson for a diabetes medication........is now selling chocolate candy bars.

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Yes, she is. Bless her heart. {#emotions_dlg.lol}