Super Contributor

Re: Paula Deen air fryer- who got it?

@RinaRina  I have read that parchment paper will work.  In fact, some people put parchment paper in the  bottom of the basket and punch holes in it so there is air circulation and drainage.  Also, pre-perforated parchment paper is available.  I have never tried it.

Honored Contributor

@zanna wrote:

@RinaRina  I have read that parchment paper will work.  In fact, some people put parchment paper in the  bottom of the basket and punch holes in it so there is air circulation and drainage.  Also, pre-perforated parchment paper is available.  I have never tried it.

Oh my goodness @zanna, I had never heard of this before.  Thanks so much as I just checked Amazon and they have liners from 6 all the way up to 12 inches for air fryers and steamers so for those of you that purchased Paula's XXL fryer they have liners to fit.

Honored Contributor

guess it sold out on Evine, because it's not listed any more.

couldn't find it at Amazon either. Just want to see what the fuss is all about.

I already have a Nuwave big one. Plus, the round one, too.

Trusted Contributor

Mine is out for delivery today (and I think that applies to many of us). I have not used parchment paper before, but the new (Paula Deen) one comes with a perforated liner to use in the basket. I also ordered the accessory kit with another liner and a rack. I have no idea why I am so excited about this one since I already have 2 other air fryers! I think it is the idea of being able to cook a whole turky breast, which I could not do with my other 2.

Honored Contributor

It's here, it's here!

First thoughts:

• It's physically big.  As in if you have a small kitchen like I do I am glad I have an Origami cart to put it on (please note this is not mandatory but you will lose quite a bit of counter space).  It's not too heavy as I was able to carry it up a flight of stairs with no problems.

• It's quiet.  I have an original 2.2. qt. Cook's Companion and this has cut the noise level by at least half.

• It's well built and very solid.  No problem sliding the cooking container into and out of the oven itself.

• I hesitate to post this at this time but it seems kind of small to me to pop a turkey breast in there but I need to go to the store tomorrow and check out the size of both chickens and a turkey breast.  I made four take and bake french rolls just now and they came out beautifully brown and crusty.  That will be lunch today . . . Smiley Happy

• The accessories are nice and I am glad they are included especially the toast rack.

Bottom line is besides it appearing to be a bit small-ish (and again that is to be determined) it is a keeper for me and I'm glad I took the plunge!

Trusted Contributor

But, @momtochloe, did you make the puff pastry donuts yet?????

Honored Contributor

Ah @Lisa now in AZ, thanks for reminding me.  I added it to my shopping list for tomorrow . . . Smiley Happy  Donut 3 emoticon

Valued Contributor

Paula made an announcement she is diabetic over five years.  She does cook both ways, healthy and really good southern food.  Her healthy recipes are simply awesome for her air fryer.  She makes donuts out of phylo dough in the air fryer and they are delicious.  To each his own, I like her and her air fryer recipes.

Respected Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

I still think it’s too big for 2 people but I’m new to the whole air fryer thing. Haven’t tried one at all so who knows?

=================

Tribefan,

See the other PD XXL fryer thread.

Poster MTC commented on it being kind of small for a turkey.

That worried me.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

Well, I don't know if it is too big for two people, but I got it and there is just me (unless I have company). I WILL use it for a small turkey breast and for casseroles and things like that so I don't have to use my oven too often. So far, so good!