Trusted Contributor

Re: Paula Deen XXL Air Fryer Review Thread

Thanks for another good tip, @momtochloe. I schedule a trip to Trader Joe's about once a month when I hit Costco, so I will check out the fresh turkey breast. We'll see who is the first to make those donuts now!!!

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ those TJ turkey breasts are so good and just enough food for a few people/meals.  The TJ's by me don't have them every day so maybe call ahead to make sure they received their delivery.  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks - I will call ahead.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those of you who purchased this fryer, are you preheating it, extending cooking time by 3 minutes (as suggested in the instructions), or ???  TIA!

Also wanted to add:  "boiled" eggs in fryer--success, hash brown patties--success, grilled cheese--not so much, but just because my husband nor I liked the crunchy texture.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg to be honest I haven't done any what I would call real cooking, mostly just toasting those rolls and reheating french fries and things like that.  I am hoping next week's ads will have a chicken on sale as that is what I would really like to try and in that case I will preheat the oven.

Frequent Contributor

@Ainhisg I don't always preheat. I pick my temp, set timer for how long I think 

it will take. I check it here and there. If the outside looks like it's cooking too fast I 

turn temp down. You can always extend the cooking time. Have fun experimenting with it.

I have a small galley kitchen (after having a huge country kitchen) and the pantry and majority of my kitchen items are stored on garage shelving.

Two questions:

a) Will this oven replace my toaster oven?

b) How hot does the top of the oven get?  Thinking of placing a shelf of some sort (probably wood) above it to store things like my Tupperware coffee/coffee filter containers.  The heat issue worries me.

Valued Contributor

I've had mine out and using it for only 2 days.  It's really quiet!  I washed all the pieces and did not do a burn off.  I didn't detect any smell or smoke either.

I roasted potatoes, carrots, onion and little tomatoes in the round rotisserie basket, and they were delicious.

Also did the skewers with kabobs of steak and red peppers.  Hubby loved them.

I was flying by seat of my pants so I don't remember the time or temp. but I think its

less time than normal.

My 2 frozen Pillsbury homestyle biscuits were so good in about 10 or little more min.

instead of 22 min.  So far, its been good and going to do more soon.

Monke~

Valued Contributor

Also, I didn't preheat any of the times,

and, for one that asked, they say to Not

put ANYthing on top of machine

Monke~

Honored Contributor

I dont have any air fryer yet, but I am considering Paula's.  It seems to me that when I watched a presentation a while back, the host said it was only 1 inch larger than the other air fryers.  I dont have much counter space and most likely would not keep it on the counter but put it in a cupboard when not in use.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)