Respected Contributor

Paula Deen 8.5qt Air Fryer Special TODAY

[ Edited ]

I couldn't sleep and checked my email to find that Evine's special today is Paula Deen's 8.5qt Air Fryer with Ceramic Non-Stick coating for $129.99.  I caved.  I have a 2qt or so air fryer that I got for $39 on WalMart black Friday a few years ago.  I use it lots, but it is small.  Now Paula's is huge!  You can do enough for a family and even a full turkey breast!  They say it is a little bigger than her 5qt one.  It will be much bigger than mine, but mine is very small.  I'm looking forward to doing more things in it including some roasted cauliflower and sprouts!  This one doesn't have the basket in basket method but is one simple basket.  There are different inserts and more to purchase separately, and her air fryer book.  I got all of it.  They are all for 6 easy pays if you want too!  I'm looking forward to doing salmon in this.  I have done it in my smaller one but I can only do one piece at a time.  Now I can cook for more people!  Those who wanted a family size air fryer, THIS IS IT!

469-986- Paula Deen 1700W 8.5 qt Ceramic Nonstick XXL Air Fryer w/ Accessories

Valued Contributor

Re: Paula Deen 8.5qt Air Fryer Special TODAY

I caved too. It is a little big for me but had the features I like; ceramic finish, one basket and easy to read functions. I am hoping to watch live demo as they were all over the place with the video!

Respected Contributor

I know what you mean about the video being a bit chaotic. It was a bit like Honey Boo Boo's family feeding at a buffet! I do like the turkey breast idea. I would eat more turkey if I did it like that. I do prefer chicken and fish over beef and pork, though I think this would make a great pork loin.
Honored Contributor

My smaller air fryer works perfectly but I can see why it would not be big enough for some. However, I'd consider buying a convection oven rather than a bigger air fryer.
Honored Contributor

@Tigriss I was just coming to post about this too.  I am so glad you purchased this and for anyone that has been looking for a larger air fryer I agree this is it.  It's big and powerful and comes with some nice accessories along with the ones you can purchase.  I like that you can keep foods warm and also defrost in it.  Paula put a lot of thought into this and I hope everyone that purchases it will enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

The capacity is impressive with no increase in the footprint.

My only thought was the container did not release from the handle so cleaning might be cumbersome unless you have a very large sink.

Please let us know how it works for you.

It was a fun show, the Deen brothers were having fun but sharing knowledge. I enjoyed it .

Valued Contributor

I like the size and the square "basket" but wowza does that look huge!  I also noticed the suggested cooking temps for food is a bit higher than with other air fryers - would that be due to the size of the cooking area?  For example, most air fryers are 400 degrees for chicken or fries and this one is 430 degrees.

It would be hard to use the air fryer cookbooks and guides with it not being consistent with other air fryers.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't forget that Meredith Lauwrence has air frying recipes and guides on her site. https://www.meredithlaurence.com/my-recipes/air-fryer-recipes/  I got Paula's book but more recipes are great any day!  I just watched the end of the presentation where they did the mac and cheese straight in the pan with the crispy crust!  Yummy!  I so want to do the turkey breast first followed by a pan of dressing!  Thanksgiving any day!  I have to say that turkey and dressing was the first real food that I ate as a baby.  I was born in July and had dressing at Thanksgiving that year.  I never ate baby food, but whatever mom and dad were eating cut small or mashed.  If I got a last meal, it would be turkey and dressing!

Tip:  I was just over on the site above checking out the recipes but getting nowhere clicking on the pictures, but when I clicked on the links on the left side of the screen for the different categories under air fryer and pressure cooker, it worked.  The picture links just refresh that page.

Respected Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

I like the size and the square "basket" but wowza does that look huge!  I also noticed the suggested cooking temps for food is a bit higher than with other air fryers - would that be due to the size of the cooking area?  For example, most air fryers are 400 degrees for chicken or fries and this one is 430 degrees.

It would be hard to use the air fryer cookbooks and guides with it not being consistent with other air fryers.

It’s it’s bigger but still has 1700 watts like the CE 5.2 Fryer that I have. 

Valued Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@In-x-s wrote:

It’s it’s bigger but still has 1700 watts like the CE 5.2 Fryer that I have. 

I know, that's why I'm wondering why the higher temps to cook foods unless it's due to the increased size of the unit.