Contributor
How to keep salad pasta from drying out?
Respected Contributor

@PurplenailsI keep everything in my Lock and Lock containers.

Trusted Contributor

Q:  

@Purplenails wrote:
How to keep salad pasta from drying out?

A:

The entire bottle of Zesty Italian dressing I pour in Woman Happy. I only eat it once during the summer now.

mmmm. mmmm.

dee

Honored Contributor

You can't.......the noodles keep soaking up the liquid.   Add MORE before you eat...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

After I boil the pasta, I drain it and rinse it with cold water.  I put it on a sheet pan with a little bit of olive oil.  I let it cool thoroughly before adding anything else to it.  I think that helps the pasta not to absorb too much liquid.  I only use half of the dressing and add the rest the next day. 

Honored Contributor

You will get better responses if you post this in the kitchen forum.  You can ask a mod to move it for you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

You put your Italian dressing on when you make the salad and then you store it in an air tight plastic container but after that, you are going to have to add more Italian dressing as you eat it.  

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

After I boil the pasta, I drain it and rinse it with cold water.  I put it on a sheet pan with a little bit of olive oil.  I let it cool thoroughly before adding anything else to it.  I think that helps the pasta not to absorb too much liquid.  I only use half of the dressing and add the rest the next day. 

this is how i do it also @Bri369 .

part of the dressing initially so that it will soak in just a bit.

part of the dressing prior to serving.

it tastes fresher and more potent that way.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

FYI..........Purplenails...You would have more responses if you posted under Kitchen or Recipes.

Honored Contributor