Honored Contributor

Pasta from Bread Machine and Kitchen Aid Mixer Attachment

We made pasta yesterday using our 1lb bread machine to make the dough and rolling and cutting it with the Kitchen Aid mixer's roller and cutter attachments!  

It was wonderful, and pretty easy!  I had ordered semolina flour from King Arthur and we use part that and part regular flour as the bread machine recipe called for.  

It was so so good!  If you have rollers sitting around like we did, the work great!  I'm glad my husband found them in the garage and said let's use them!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Pasta from Bread Machine and Kitchen Aid Mixer Attachment

Don't have those attachments, but I also didn't know you cold make pasta dough in the bread machine.  However, I've read that you can cook things that require constant stirring like risotto in a bread machine if it has the jam setting.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner --isn't it great?!! I make pasta that way too, but never thought about using my bread machine for the dough---just used the  mixer. I bought an attachement at AMZ that has 3 size cutters in one roller--spaghetti, fettucini and then a lasagna noodle---cost so much less than the one from KA--- fresh pasta is the best!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl Yes that bread machine is way easier to deal with!  LOL!!!  One little pan and paddle to basically rinse out and the dough was beautiful!

LOVE those rollers too!  Smart girl you are!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Sooner --isn't it great?!! I make pasta that way too, but never thought about using my bread machine for the dough---just used the  mixer. I bought an attachement at AMZ that has 3 size cutters in one roller--spaghetti, fettucini and then a lasagna noodle---cost so much less than the one from KA--- fresh pasta is the best!!!

@wagirl 

I know you can't post a link, but could you give me a little more info on the attachment you got at Amz.  I tried searching but couldn't find it.

I have always wanted to make fresh pasta, but the cost of the KA attachment has kept me from ordering.

TIA!!

@Sooner 

Great tip!  I have a bread machine !

Honored Contributor

I don't have a bread maker, but I have the KA pasta attachments.  I just make my dough in the KA mixer with the dough hooks then attached the pasta rollers.

Home made pasta is way better than store bough and easy to make.  I make lasagne sheets too.  I always make a few batches and let it dry and store it in plastic bags.

Occasionally, I make ravioli.  I roll out dough sheets and lay them flat.  Then use a spoon to place my meat or cheese mixture on the dough spaced apart.  I place another sheet of flat rolled dough on top, then cut the ravioli out with a glass or round cookie cutter and crimp the edges with a fork.

This is the old fashioned way my Italian family always used.  It is primitive, but good.

There is nothing better than homemade pasta.

I make gluten free as well.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife ---try searching for Antree 3 in 1 pasta attachment---go here now --great deals and coupons off on it. I paid $99 for mine

Respected Contributor

Reading about homemade pasta is making me hungry and want some. I bought my wife the kitchen aid attachment to. She makes the pasta dough in our kitchen aid food processer. She had the the hand pasta roller but when I bought her the Kitchen aid pasta roller the hand one never came out again. My mil is from Italy and she uses the hand pasta roller so my wife said to her mom use the pasta roller I have. She old school and don't want to use the kitchen aid one. We upgraded our tilt kitchen aid mixer to the bigger bowl lift so we gave her the tilt mixer like 4 years ago and so far she has never used it.  Like I said she's old school.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

Thanks!  A coupon today!

Appreciate it!

Valued Contributor

@wagirl... Thank you for the heads up on the great deal on the pasta roller!  I have owned a KA mixer for 30+ Years and always thought about purchasing the pasta rollers, but, always thought they were too costly.  So today, I come across this pasta post with no intentions of purchasing rollers until I saw your recommendation and deal on a pasta roller.  So guess what?  I am the new proud owner of a pasta roller bought at Amazon on a lighting sale for $69.  It was meant to be right? I have no will power when it comes to kitchen tools! lol

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you